• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 scale Focke-Wulf Fw 190A

matrixone

Here is my 1/32 scale Hasegawa Fw 190A-10 I built last year.

This model is in the markings of ''white 1'' of III./KG(j) 27, a machine said to have been captured at Wels Austria in 1945.
This unit used a soft sprayed background for the white numbers instead of black outlines...most unusual!

On to the pics...

391567844.jpg

391348914.jpg

391561647.jpg

391473214.jpg

391471883.jpg

391471919.jpg

391348912.jpg

BTW, I should point out this model is a ''coulda been'', the Fw 190A-10 was slated for production but was cut in favor of the Ta 152. One possible prototype of the Fw 190A-10 is pictured in Jerry Crandall's first Dora book. Its the only known photograph of a radial engined Fw 190 with the Ta 152 style tail AND wide chord wooden prop blades,

Matrixone

Very nice indeed. Great choice of colors . Glad to see I'm not the only one here to see how impossible it is to operate from dirt fields and have clean airplanes,

Cheers, Christian B)

Very nice. The big tail threw me for a moment. Looks suitably used and really comes out nice in the black and whites. Cool stuff (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thanks Christian, Mike, and James!

Christian,
Even aircraft that operate from paved runways have at least a little dirt and brake dust on the wheels and I try to add that feature on my models, to me aircraft that operated on the Eastern front are the most fun to model because its a chance to add some weathering without going over the top.

Matrixone

I Really like this one! Great work! (y) Have a few 190 in stash (but 1/48) real beauty of aircraft.

All the best!
Dusan.

After years of maintaining Phantom operating from very nice airfields....trust me. Nothing stays clean for long after the first engine start. :sick:

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you Dusan!

Christian,
Very few aircraft have showroom clean wheels, the only ones that come to mind are aircraft flown by the Blue Angels or the Thunderbirds.

Over the years I have seen pictures of nicely weathered aircraft models that looked really nice until I looked at the wheels, they are often clean and totally round which did not match the weathering of the rest of the model. To me adding the correct amount of weathering to the wheels is just as important as the rest of the model.

Matrixone

Back