• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Eduard Focke-Wulf Fw.190 A-5

Flyingbabydoc

Hello dear friends

I absolutely wanted to be a part of CTA III. As I mentioned in my previous Posts such efforts are tremendously important for all those who work and do Research on the disease (such as myself). Only with the Support of the everyone we will eventually break this puzzle and be able to cure more and more patients.

In that Spirit, donation has already been sent to Bob and this is my entry to the Forum. This is the Focke-Wulf Fw-190 A-5 flown by Oberstleutnant Josef Wurmheller in July 1943 over France, belonging to the 9. Staffel/ Jagdgeschwader 2 (9./JG2). The scheme is the usual RLM 74-74-76 but with some geometrical accents to the wings.

I will be attempting the Eduard Weekend Edition which was released in 1/72 in 2016. Additionally, Flaps and detais in PE and the engines + fuselage guns in Resin (all Eduard as well).

Wish me luck!

Cheers

Alex

h306aa77.JPG

h4c0177b.JPG

h0d3b5c9.JPG

hfaa9fb2.JPG

h6a2e4c5.JPG

hb86cbc1.JPG

he96958a.JPG

h9d40d16.JPG

Sweet.

It's like turning a 'weekend' edition into a 'year of weekends' edition. :D

You have a great point on donations. A few weeks back I heard a story on NPR about two young boys. Forgive my lousy memory, I can't remember the exact details but the gist was one boy had an extremely rare debilitating condition. So rare that there was really zero research, knowledge or treatment besides maintenance. The other boy wanted to help and told his parents so. They thought he meant something like a lemonade stand, but he said no, he wanted to write a book. He did, he sold it locally to parents, etc and raised $20K. Then local news picked it up as a human interest story and in an interview he said he wanted to raise a million dollars. He did. And the best part: unbelievably so, the money he raised was sufficient to guide enough research for a breakthrough treatment.

Very cool Alex . Looking corward to this build :good:

Also an interesting story on salesmanship .

Cheers, Christian B)

Dear friends,

I am very happy that this Topic seems to have generated interest. I appreciate that! I just hope not to disappoint you.

Unfortunately there will be no Progress in the next 2 weeks since I am sick as a dog (the whole Family is) :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

...and next week I will be the whole time in Stuttgart in a congress. So stay tuned after 11/28 I will be back in the game.

Thanks for all the Input BTW!

Cheers

Alex

Hate to hear that Alex ....Don't suppose it has anything to do with cold ,damp , dark places do you ??? Or is there a bug getting around ?

At any rate, I hope you are all well soon and building :popcorn Will be waiting . :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

Alex, you cannot disappoint me. I am always glad to check in on your work. I know how you feel. I'm also fighting a bug. I can get around and do simple things, but trying to work at my usual job is difficult at best. I'm trying to recover as quickly as I can, but this keeps hanging on.

Take care of yourself and get back to us when you can. We'll leave the light on for you.

Hello dear friends

I have posted earlier today a lot of pics here but somehow they disappeared... :hmmm :hmmm

Anyways, here it is: my Progress so far on this Little Gem.

As I mentioned before, it was much better to work with this Resin from Eduard compared to that of the Sturmovik.

The first and most interesting part is the engine. It consumed a lot of hours but I think I got everything right. Beautiful, super-detailed and I hope well built:

h16a0539_2016-12-02.JPG

h560a30b_2016-12-02.JPG

hdc0e8aa_2016-12-02.JPG

h307318e_2016-12-02.JPG

h33cca02_2016-12-02.JPG

h735be6d_2016-12-02.JPG

Next is the machine gun housing of the nacele. This again was a pleasure to assemble. I added the compression tubing from scratch, again from some renal catheters:

hbe52dd3_2016-12-02.JPG

h6ba22b6_2016-12-02.JPG

hfbf7f07_2016-12-02.JPG

Then the rest of the plane, which was not bad to assemble.

hb989203_2016-12-02.JPG

h67f5471_2016-12-02.JPG

hc5076ec_2016-12-02.JPG

I am really excited about this Project. I have bought a few books on weathering which I hope will help me do a better Job than the most recent ones.

Cheers everyone

Alex

Nice work! That engine looks magnificent.

And your pics didn't disappear; they were posted on the "Something with wheels" Thread instead.

Keep going man, this is really coming along nicely!

Thanks a lot Maddog, greatly appreciated!

How the hell the Pictures ended up there? Can they be erased?

If I have sometime this Weekend (I on call... again...) I will add some Color to this Thing.

Cheers

Alex

Hi everyone

As I mention in the other post, lots going on at work so no bench time.

Still managed a Little Progress.

I have been reading a lot about weathering and I have decided to try something new: first the whole plane is covered in primer (next I will be using a black primer, seems to be better). Than an alluminium coat, then gloss, than the paint which I will scratch inside and outside, than gloss coat, then decals, then flat coat and weathering. Sounds right to you?

In any case, some parts which are not scratched have been painted. Very fine brushes required!

Cheers

Alex

hf39e8a4.JPG

h74eddd3.JPG

hd66a2fc.JPG

h6fb9a03.JPG

h857958c.JPG

Back