• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 P-38M "M" for madness

Well, well, well. A bit of a small update. Main wheels and hubs fitted and temp installed. I'm happy. Started getting my juices flowing again ! Hope you enjoy !...........Harv

100_4213.jpg

100_4214.jpg

This is what I'm up against. I know this WAS a pretty good fit when I dry fitted the parts. What the hell happened ? The spine is too far forward, the doors are not even, one sits back slightly from the other. This my next step, to get the nose put on and even. Thanks for your continued support. God knows I need it !

100_4236.jpg

100_4234.jpg

100_4237.jpg

Harv, I don't know squat about aircraft, but I sure do admire your tenacity! (y) :drinks

Good grief Harv, I can honestly say this thing is worse than my Duck and so much bigger.

(y) (y) Hang tough :pilot

Cheers, Christian

I can't see how you cope with that Harv. Mine thaqt turn out like that usually crash or disappear into a worm hole or something. :side:

This is one long thread... and a very educative one too! :dude You must come from a Shao Lin or Budist Monk background; where do you find all that drive and patience?!? :eek:hmy:

Anywho, that is one awesome build, dude, so keep up the good work! ;)

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Well kiddies, time for an update. Not a huge one, but an important one. This is where I left off.

100_4238.jpg

100_4239.jpg

And this is where I am.

100_4240.jpg

100_4241.jpg

100_4242.jpg

Still need to support the barrels some how. Then I can glue the nose on. More later. Thanks for following.........Harv

CA works well to adhere the brass, you can even drop it and it will stay put. (Don't ask how I know that)

(y)

This is the aircraft I am modeling.

shadylady.jpg

Several observations and questions.
First, I noticed the nose dose not have panels and rivets, unlike the kit, so most of mine will be sanded off ( most are already) also we have had several debates here on wheel well co;or. Knowing there is a bad color shift here, what color do the inside of the doors look like you all ? Also as I understand it, they came into the war too late for any action. But looking at this pic, I noticed the wear on the leading edges as well as scratched up sides of the gondola, I presume from taxi way and runway debris being thrown up from props. My biggest question is color. I originally was planning to spray gloss black from rattle can. I recently read a thread on a guy who used dark blue grey ? It did look convincing. So all of you night fighter guys, any suggestions ? Please let me know...........Harv :fencing

Back