• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 P-38M "M" for madness

As I said, I had to add a couple of details to the pit and then glue the windshield. Well, I broke the resin gun site !Also it sat a tad high and the windshield was pressing down on it So the kit one was dug out and was a bit lacking. Used some .020 solder wire for the cable. I think it turned out OK. Now I'll glue it in and see if the windshield clears it. Then add the windshield. Hope you still like this build,I know some are tired of looking at it............Harv

100_3737.jpg

100_3741.jpg

100_3745.jpg

100_3749.jpg

As a matter of fact, I applaud you for sticking with this project. :drinks

It only pops up when you have something pertinent to say or ask, unlike some that ding every few minutes with nothing to add besides pointless chatter .

Keep on Harv ! :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you Christian. I think that is the kindest words I've heard since I started this project !................Harv

Good morning all ( or good night) Another up date.The gun site was installed, and after test fitting the windshield, I found that it still hits. I'll just to live with it. I can not rip the IP out and lower it ! To those that plan on building this with the EDUARDS dash ( witch is a gem) triple check the fit and hight of the IP. You may need to do a little trimming to get it the right hight. A good idea is test fit with all the box parts to see where it sits and then adjust the PE one as required, OK. First pic is the sight installed
100_3750.jpg

The second is the knobs that were lost some time ago. They are the tinny blobs on the tape. What a PTA ! Also in pic is the rear compartment radar scope I have to give a HUGE shout out to TIM of GREY MATTERS for sending me a replacement. Isn't this site awesome! Thanks a million Tim !
100_3752.jpg

100_3753.jpg

The last two are everything put together. The wind shield was glued on last night and today I'm OK with it. I was hopping for a better fit but a little filler will work. It sits a tad high because the gun site is pushing it up.
100_3754.jpg

100_3755.jpg

Thanks for dropping in guys!............Harv

Harv, you're my hero! I'm betting you fill those nasty nose-panel gaps with styrene strip- but nothing stops a guy like you! :drinks

WOW Chuck, coming from you, thats an awesome complement ! Thank you, Sir. I don't think I'll need much strip, maybe a few small pieces. Since the windshield is in, the fit does seem a little better. But I'll plug away. Starting tomorrow, I'll be off board. Be in Portland, OR for a few days and away from the puter. So I'll be back Sunday night. But thanks again !........Harv

One step forward, two steps back !!!! While trying to fit one of the gun doors, managed to break off one of the NG struts.Dam, is there no humanity ? One more thing to fix. This will be my last update till next week. Leaving for Portland, OR this afternoon and won't have a computer. So thanks for looking in again! Behave you guys..............Harv

100_3756.jpg

LET THERE BE LIGHT ! OK, the light is fixed ! Now maybe I can get back to building ! But not till next week. Getting the house done for lots of family ( wife's 60th birthday) So, stay tuned kiddies !............Harv

100_4125.jpg

Sorry I missed the last update Harv, you can whip that nose gear. Tell Mrs Harv we all said Happy Birthday and take her out for a big steak dinner!

Small update. Got the right gun door on. Fit is OK, a little card to close one gap. Looks like I'll need a tad of filler by the wind screen. The center span on top is WAAAYY to long. Will cut and sand to fit nose. Have to add weights and support for gun barrels before closing up. Enjoy !.......Harv

100_4188.jpg

100_4189.jpg

Naw, I have too much time and energy tied into this ! I swore I would finish it and do it the best possable way I can......Harv

Back