• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 P-38M "M" for madness

Aaahhh Chuck, who is "Phil"? Thanks to all for fallowing ! Been doodling around with nose weight. And I found that this is the worst tail dragger I've seen ! Tried bearings and pieces of metal shafts and the nose just won't come down. Well I finally found my answer. It is a 1 1/2"X 3/4" cold rolled polished shaft material. Very dense because it is hardened. Believe it or not, it is NOT overkill. Don't know the weight for sure, but it's several OZ.'s But have to take it back to work and grind some areas down to custom fit in the nose. More pics after its fitted. Thanks for looking in.......Harv

100_4192.jpg

OK....so its 2 years 9 months and 57 pages and i finally arrived here :) I spent a couple of days catching up with where you got too and i'm really impressed, fantastic job all round. I will follow more closely now :) I just wish i had your skill and patience as i would love to do a long term project like this !! maybe one day :)
Keep up the excellent work my friend (y)

Harv you blow me away. Awesome work on this old gal. Wish I new where you find your patience.
James

Paddy, Thanks for the complements ! But you don't have to remind me !....LOL I'm glad you enjoy this, I still do, but at times I nearly gave up. Skill is something I'm learning. This is only my second build since coming back. First was a Trump F-105D. Learned a lot from that. Didn't come out half bad. This build has taught me a lot. So I'm still trying to improve. First time I have ever scratched parts or detail, too. Patients is what I've always had with models. Everything else, well, ask my wife ! Long term ? Thats EASY. First take a model. Open it up and leave it for several weeks. Glue a couple parts and walk away for a few more months, repeat as needed ! Easy !
James, thank you my friend ! Patients ? Read above ! LOL I've tried to make this a learning experience, not only for me, but for anyone else interested. Hope I have done that, if nothing else.
Christian, I still want to know who this "DAVE" is.......
Thanks for looking in everyone...........Harv

Had to take a break from rear winglets till I can get another part, so started on a few bits that need to be done sometime. Got the wing tanks glued and sanded, and started on the wheels and tires. The mains are fine, but the nose tire is not . The hole for the hub is much to big. But my friend Derek has agreed to fix both the tire and the winglet part. Also both gun doors are on but needs lots of work to get the nose piece on. Pics of that later.......Harv

100_4211.jpg

100_4212.jpg

Back