• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 P-38M "M" for madness

Everyone, thanks for looking in ! No pics today, working on gear doors. Found the nose door was NOT to my liking. My friend Martin is sending me another. These were assembled a few yrs ago, and looking at them now, I see lots of mess ups and will have to redo the PE. I do have another Eduard set thank god !. Will post when I get things worked out....Harv

Everyone, thanks for looking in ! No pics today, working on gear doors. Found the nose door was NOT to my liking. My friend Martin is sending me another. These were assembled a few yrs ago, and looking at them now, I see lots of mess ups and will have to redo the PE. I do have another Eduard set thank god !. Will post when I get things worked out....Harv

B) :popcorn :popcorn

Another update ! Totally forgot this little gem. Its the steering unit for front wheel. I'll post more latter, just now glued it together. Put on giant penny again. I'll still have to modify it just a little as the lower unit of strut is turned. Thanks for dropping by.....Harv

Finally getting to the "dreaded" LG doors. I have been dreading this step for a long time. Here is a pic of what we are working with.

Next pic is what the door looked like before fix

None of the PE lines up, well maybe one piece. Removed the offending PE parts and put new ones on. But this time I only installed the piece that is on the door. I then glued the door on and then glued the tinny angles on the side of the well. After dry, I added the "hinge". One door is now done and took about 4 hrs. Only have 3 mains and 1 nose door to do
If you want to see what they SHOULD look like, check ChrisS build . Much nicer.
Pic of installed new door.....Harv

Nice to see this one's back been missing it & you Harv, :popcorn :pilot :woohoo: (y)

How are you my friend ? You do cross my mind once and a while ! :D .....Harv

I'm hanging in there, still trying to promote Histortic Downtown Greenville, I'm in good shape, The 'ol ticker's still beating & all ... (y) Are You & Bev Doing alright, Oh and that's some mighty fine landing gear work in that last post.

Finally getting to the "dreaded" LG doors. I have been dreading this step for a long time. Here is a pic of what we are working with.

Next pic is what the door looked like before fix

None of the PE lines up, well maybe one piece. Removed the offending PE parts and put new ones on. But this time I only installed the piece that is on the door. I then glued the door on and then glued the tinny angles on the side of the well. After dry, I added the "hinge". One door is now done and took about 4 hrs. Only have 3 mains and 1 nose door to do
If you want to see what they SHOULD look like, check ChrisS build . Much nicer.
Pic of installed new door.....Harv

I think the Gear Doors on any P38 are tricky. That's what put a stop to my 1:48 attempt. Looks good Harv, keep at it. :pilot

Big up date from yesterday. We had temps in the low 70's so took advantage of it and did some much needed AB work.The ant glare is done as well as the drop tanks andChristmas tree launchers. The windshield masks are off after about 4 years so I am very happy with that ! Overall a good day. Enjoy and thanks for stoping by !.....Harv

Back