• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 P-38M "M" for madness

Well I'm slowly getting there ! Managed some bench time, and scissor links are done, decals finished, drop tanks and rocket trees on. Next up, repair ladder, blade ant. and start on lights, wing landing light. All comments welcome. Thanks for sticking with me.......Harv

Time for a small update. Marker lights. Tried several times to install kit clear lenses. Didn't work. So not having any other options, I goy creative. White glue ! Drys clear, right ? Very time consuming because I had to layer it for correct shape (kind of). After dry, painted with clear red/green. The ones on tails, I left clear because they are white. PB is being a PITA today, could only load 1 pic. But this gives you an idea. Thanks for stopping by.......Harv

Well boys and girls, one more puzzle piece is done. I have the wing landing light done. I white glued a 2.4 mm mv lens to the clear part and install. It was almost a snap fit, one of the better fit pieces of the kit !. So onward and upward. Getting closer......Harv

1. glue wheels on
2.attach canopies
3. blade ant. on bottom boom
4. props
5. redo 1 supercharger
6.touch up paint and finally, weathering

Another small update. Since I messed up one of my turbo's, Chuck sent me his set, Thank you Chuck !, Anyway its done and installed. Next up is making hinges for mounting the canopies......Harv

Might want to check some of that interior green on the canopy Harv, looks like your inside mask might have leaked. The Supercharger is fantastic! :popcorn

Back