• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 P-38M "M" for madness

Well, I dood it !. As you might know, I mucked up my stars and bars on the top left wing. I think I have that covered. Last night I discovered I mucked up the pilots and RO's name on the nose, the TOP half. Is there ANYONE out there that has ZOTS P-38M around ? Maybe someone can make a mask or print one ? I'll pay good money for it. Please let me know. Color me desperate......Harv :bang head

Well, I dood it !. As you might know, I mucked up my stars and bars on the top left wing. I think I have that covered. Last night I discovered I mucked up the pilots and RO's name on the nose, the TOP half. Is there ANYONE out there that has ZOTS P-38M around ? Maybe someone can make a mask or print one ? I'll pay good money for it. Please let me know. Color me desperate......Harv :bang head

Screwed da pooch? Poor pooch :smack

Finally an update ! Since weather isn't too good for painting and I'm itching to work on this, I decided to tackle something else. Xmas trees ! I did start scratching some detail on these some time ago, but not real happy. So I cut off the front parts and did some more research on them. Thanks to those here that helped with this , it was a tremendous help to me. I needed a tool to help with this so I made one. A mini "T" square

Got the parts laid out. We all know what they look like

After cutting them out, did a little clean up

Drilled holes for the "hooks". I did have to re do a couple of them

After some thinking, I decided to try lead wire. After inserting, glued from the back, smashed the hook end and bent into shape.

When happy with it, glued in place and here it is

I really need to know from you if this looks OK because I have to make 9 more and its a BIG pain ! I have an idea for the aft end also, but thats after all the fronts are done. So please leave comments. Thanks in advance........Harv

Finally an up date ! Good weather for painting. All the bad spots fixed ! Need to redo a couple decals and seal them and then I can pick back up where I left off. Thanks for following all.......harv

front end of christmas tree launcher is done, but need simple ideas to make the back pieces(10). TIA......Harv
https://www.google.com/search?q=P-38+christmas+tree+launcher&espv=2&biw=1381&bih=896&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CBwQsARqFQoTCKbUm6-P_8gCFcVcHgodLEACxA#imgrc=zKnxWLcUmvcREM%3A

Harvey, I'm not sure what you're asking about so here is a parts diagram to help you 'spit it out' :D

38rocketClus.gif

To help you visualize, look at the lugs this 3.5 inch rocket had to attach to the launcher:
Rockets+3.jpg

This is the larger (and more common) 5 inch rocket:
Rockets+4.jpg

Regards,

Hiya Harv. Been watching for a while, you've got an awesome build going on here. Love what you're doing. I got a 48th scale in the stash so i'm getting all kinds of pointers from this.

Right Oh. Still working on it. Think I have the launchers done. I have decided not to add any detail to the rear end. Just to fiddly and most likely won't see it because its all black. Here are the pics.....Harv

Back