• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 P-38M "M" for madness

I'm still waiting for some supplies to get here. I have got a few, but need more. You know, glue, sanding stuff and paints. So stay tunned kiddies......Harv

I'm still waiting for some supplies to get here. I have got a few, but need more. You know, glue, sanding stuff and paints. So stay tunned kiddies......Harv

Yeah yeah... let you tell it!! :bat Been there, done that Harv! Infact, I'm waitin' on a hobby order right now...

Yeah yeah... let you tell it!! :bat Been there, done that Harv! Infact, I'm waitin' on a hobby order right now...

Well I could get it to you if'n you didn't keep adding to the basket after I sealed the package ... I have to open it up once again ... :bat

I remember this from another Forum remaining Nameless. Great to see progress on her Harv.....Cheers Mark

Probably best Mark ... But I've made new friends Here and my old friends are Back !!! ... Except for Ed I just tolerate Him .... :rotf :rotf :rotf Now Harv I found the thread ... Looking for the Big Finish ... that Black Bird is Swwweeeettt !!! :pilot :pilot :pilot

OK gang, think I have my pics sorted and your in for a small treat ! Spent a little time last night at the bench (finaly). The nose of the beast has been stareing at ne with a couple of noticful "bugars". Sanded it down a little along with gun door center hing and I like it better. The nose top will need some speccial paint mixed but the hing part will be flat black for the anti glare. Hope you like.....Harv

Spent a little time tonight and sinished smoothing things out. Also found another area on the left boom by the prop and behind supercharger. Now I just have to repaint the areas and go from there. One problem I have is my Russett color is likepudding. I'll see if I can breath life in it tomorrow.........Harv

OK, seems the more I work on this, the more things I see that need to be fixed. Guess my eye has become more critical with age and knowledge. I find that back when I was building this, it was ok then, but not now. Know what I mean?.....harv

OK, seems the more I work on this, the more things I see that need to be fixed. Guess my eye has become more critical with age and knowledge. I find that back when I was building this, it was ok then, but not now. Know what I mean?.....harv

That's why I usually step back from a build for a little bit. seems I find all the flaws I missed before!! LoL :facepalm
We are our own worst critics amigo :drinks

Time for an up date. Good news, and bad news. I started to tape off the areas I need to repaint and almost done.

But I went to move the one on upper left wing and this

Yep, there used to be a stars and bars there. Not now ! I still have the kit decals. I used Zots. I'm really tiered of 1 step forward and 2 steps back :bang head . Thanks for looking.....Harv

It's more like 2 steps forward, one step back and it's still progress. Easy fix Harv, git'er done. :zen

Bummer, but it will all come together, I'm sure of that. The patience you show is astounding (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
James

Back