• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Hase Kanonvogel

Paulw

I got this kit on the suggestion from a fellow modeler and included the Verlinden engine kit as well.
IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

so while I was diligently spraying the office I noticed that the MM paint I am using leaves this kind of
finish when dried. I would like to hear some ideas as to why it does this. I spray at around 7 to 12 psi and thin it a small amount with water or Tamiya X-20A.
IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

I've never had luck with MM acrylic so cant be a lot of help. But I think maybe its drying just as it hits. Maybe spray closer or add a retardent or thin a bit more.
Looking forward to this Paul. Its not a bad kit and a cool subject.
James

Paul, it looks like it's drying too quickly .

I'm not familiar with the MM acrylics but since it responds well with the Tamiya thinner you may try some of these suggestions.

Add Galleria fluid retarder . Up to 20 %

Before I found the Galeria I use to add small amounts of Windex with Ammonia.

Sometimes I add a small amount of Future for a more glossy surface.

Cheers, Christian B)

Yeah Paul , what the other guys said , doesn't look like you need more thinner but a different kind of thinner , don't look like it's mixing well with the paint .

I've read that the Verlinden engine is a sweet add on but people have had problems with it matching up to the bulkhead/firewall .
Too long , they claim to have had to do a little chop work on the back of the engine to meet said bulkhead/firewall .
Dry fit , dry fit , dry fit .

Great subject Paul...must try a 87 one day. will be interesting to see how it goes with this engine as well. Have you tried isopropanol as a thinner ? It works better than tamiya and is £5 ($7.50) litre !!
I think you call it surgical spirits over there ? its 99.8% pure alcohol and here we get it at the chemist in the high street ( drug store) but its dead cheap on line as well.
Good luck with this one :) should be good :popcorn

You talking about the texture? What is it, like orange peal? I've seen orange peal texturing before but can't remember for the life of me what caused it, was it drying before hitting the surface?

Make sure you have Model Masters Acrylics and not Enamel, they have both you know.

I shoot nothing but acrylics Bob, as for the thinner this happens no matter what I use for thinner. I will try a closer spray and maybe a medium needle and tip.

Paul,
I agree with what the others have said, to me it looks like the airbrush was held a little too far from the surface when it was sprayed.

Matrixone

Back