• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/200 Trumpeter Bismarck with Pontos 27001F1

Ok Allmost Caught Up on all my Progress :woohoo:

There are 4 of these Hatches i Marked in Red what you need to Remove and ill Mention that i use White Glue mixed with water to a milky consistence i Find it the best for working with PE it Dries slow but the Bond is better than Super Glue if you can Believe it, A company called Gator That has the Best PE glue its A better Form of White glue I've Ordered a Bottle to try out (http://gatorsmask.com/gatorglueorder1.html)

h6500ff2.jpg

h571c5e1.jpg

Now to Glue the Deck on Exciting :woohoo: I test fitted it a Dozen Times and Of Coarse the Bow Section Does not settle Proper :angry: So there is a Small Lip and ill that to Sand and Maybe Putty

h2991c41.jpg

After IT was Dry there where some Areas that were not Seamless so i Tried this method and it worked great. You Start with it Lightly Clamped
h677160a.jpg

Then I Used some Tamiya Thin Liquid Glue in the Joint

h5fe5029.jpg

Then Give a light Squeeze and the Platic Bonds, you just Sand it and you got your self a Perfect Seam without use of Putty

h3ab80ed.jpg

So i was Bored After that so i pulled out the Structure and test Fitted it just for Fun

he67641e.jpg

h13dff77.jpg

h1cc2d7c.jpg

Now just gotta Finish the Details for the Hull and she is ready for Prime and Paint :yipee

Looking great Rob! It's too bad that once the main deck is put on, people won't be able to see all the hard work you put into the seawater intakes. Nice job re-drilling the hydrophones...too bad Trumpeter didn't do a little research and get the holes right in the first place.

You'll like the Gator Glue...mixed with a little water it's great for photoetch parts. I understand the guy that markets it also has a Gator Glue Thin out, but I haven't tried it yet.

PS...I've almost finished my 1/200 Bismarck, just a bit more rigging to do :beer

Bob McFarlane.

Very impressive work Rob.

Kenny Loup of Gator is a good friend of this website, think he has a new batch of thin glue, speaking of that I need to hit him up for some.

Wowzers!!! :blink Some nice work being done here!! Too bad alot of it will be hidden once the decks installed :facepalm
Coming along quite nicely (y) (y) (y)

Thanks Everyone :cheer: Ive Emailed him a couple times he must be a busy guy I'm Hoping to Order The Mask and Glue and Maybe this Thin Stuff looks like a Faster Dry Time,

Here is the Screws Test Fit they look so Good!

h2e882e1.jpg

One Issue tho I found a Small Metal Ball in one of the Screws (im Guessing its part of the Smoothing Process where they Make them) It was such a Bugger to get out had to Dermal It out

h2cdef1e.jpg

hb87249c.jpg

Well Last Night i broke my last 0.3mm Drill Bit :vmad so i ordered some more off Ebay a couple packs of 10 for 2 Bucks pretty Decent. But i decided to build something fun :lol:

Here is ANTON, He is massive

h1eb0967.jpg

hdf787b8.jpg

h92de06e.jpg

I Also got a Package today MY LANCASTER EGG PLANE, Im part of the Hamilton IPMS Modellers Club so this was a Must buy for me :woohoo:

hb354e07.jpg

Looking very nice. Also, thank you for the kind words about my glue. I have the original blend in stock right now but I am out of the thin blend. Materials are on the way but I don't think they will be in for the weekend for me to make a new batch. Next week for sure.

Looks good, If you don't mind my throwing it out there. I don't know what you're paying on Ebay but check these guys out.
http://drillcity.stores.yahoo.net/

They have some neat values in there.

This is why I love this fourm
These drill sets look amazing and price is decent look like they will last longer than ebay crap (y)

Good to see you plowing on with her. I would love the Kit but nowhere to display her. I have the Tamiya 1-350 to contend with when I get to her.....Cheers mark

Looking really good ... And even if the bottom work is covered ... You will still be able to see the insides from outside the hull ... I believe this is the point of all the scratching ... :captain

Exactly Swordsman, i just want to give a Tunnel Effect when you look though the Intake Vents.

Thanks Surfsup, She is massive i have no idea where i am going to Display her lol, The Tamiya kit is great only major flaw that took sometime to fix was the Aircraft Hanger was slightly wrong, I have a list somewhere with all the Errors that have easy fixes.

So Last Night i had one of those Face palm moments, In this Picture you can see the Plastic Barrels on the Right, So took the Plastic Barrels Cut it down, Centred a line Drilled it out Sanded spent an hour doing this, Then noticed that there are a 2nd Set of half Barrels on the Fret, Amazingly Trumpeter Did this for After Market Barrels so you wouldn't need to do al the work i did :bang head. You can see in the Picture there are Half Circles So it can help Line your Barrels up while it dries on the Fret.

h9a6110c.jpg

So Last Night i had one of those Face palm moments, In this Picture you can see the Plastic Barrels on the Right, So took the Plastic Barrels Cut it down, Centred a line Drilled it out Sanded spent an hour doing this, Then noticed that there are a 2nd Set of half Barrels on the Fret, Amazingly Trumpeter Did this for After Market Barrels so you wouldn't need to do al the work i did :bang head. You can see in the Picture there are Half Circles So it can help Line your Barrels up while it dries on the Fret.

h9a6110c.jpg

Actually the half circles are for the slide mold to do the holes in the barrel bases, but neat in that it can hold the AM barrels too.

Question! What was the coin you placed on the Bismark with the Anton gun turret?

That makes sense for the Barrels lol I knew Trumpeter would not Help me out on Purpose :laugh:

The Coin is a Canadain Quarter

Back