• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Workshop/Marquee Finished. Updated Dec. 19th, 2017

Workshop/Marquee Finished

Have you ever made such a mess in your workshop that you could no longer move? I've done that a lot! This time, after trying out my new workshop for several months now, I also realized it was simply too crowded and I was feeling claustrophobic! The last time I had a workshop this small was prior to starting up VLS!

Well, I just had to make some changes. I had to have more open space around me when i worked. So, I first cleaned it up and reorganized it, then I got rid of some stuff that was just taking up space. Here are some photos of the result.

0~7.JPG

Now i can slide my chair around without running into something!

0000~6.JPG

Got a nice, albeit small, place to photograph. I photograph all my diorama components here. The big ones after they are finished, I photograph outside.

000000~0.JPG

000~8.JPG

00~10.JPG

00000~4.JPG

It was so much nicer, I finished up Patton's 3/4 ton Dodge staff car today!

Bob

Workshop/Marquee Finished

Mess? I'll show you a mess!

That looks more like a hobby store.

Maybe now it does! I spent a week cleaning it up and reorganizing it!

Here is one of the desks before I started!

0g~1.JPG

Don't try to outmess your old man, son! :yipee

Dad

I saw it just a couple of weeks ago. The rearrangement of the back area looks good Bob! (y) (y)

Sometimes the best way to get re-energized is to tweak the work space a bit.

When you finally decide to start building the Pocher Mercedes kit, let me know, I have a slightly different version and we can try and build them up together.

I saw it just a couple of weeks ago. The rearrangement of the back area looks good Bob! (y) (y)

Sometimes the best way to get re-energized is to tweak the work space a bit.

When you finally decide to start building the Pocher Mercedes kit, let me know, I have a slightly different version and we can try and build them up together.

Thanks Paul,

If I ever get around to that Mercedes, I'd go for that! Sounds like fun!

Bob

Bob may not be able to out-mess you, but I sure can! Even messy, your bench has far more room than I have! I even had to bring in a folding TV tray to work on since my bench is so cluttered I can't work on it. I wish I could get my room even half that organized and clean! Way to go!

Absalutely MANTASTIC when I grow up that is what I want a large work room

I will propable end up with a small work place that is clean anyway hahahaha :geek

Space .... the final frontier .... strange how much sense that makes :D

I have to carry the big ones out on the balcony to paint them and photograph them. It's only the very small ones that fit on my desk and only one at a time.

That's a great man cave Bob, totally understand the impact of moving to a smaller place.

Laurence

Bob may not be able to out-mess you, but I sure can! Even messy, your bench has far more room than I have! I even had to bring in a folding TV tray to work on since my bench is so cluttered I can't work on it. I wish I could get my room even half that organized and clean! Way to go!

Yeah, but...... You work in 1/72nd scale! I work in 1/35th mostly, but I build huge four feet by eight feet dioramas! Try that in a 6 inch by 6 inch work area! :yipee

Bob

Absalutely MANTASTIC when I grow up that is what I want a large work room

I will propable end up with a small work place that is clean anyway hahahaha :geek

Hey Dave,

It's all about what you are used to! Before this one, I had two workshops. Combined, they were about 300 square feet, (About 30 square meters). This one is 96 square feet, (about 9 square meters), so it's a huge difference! No problem, I'll get used to it, but the diorama Logistics wouldn't even fit in this room if it was empty!

OK, waiting for the violins to start! :D

Bob

Space .... the final frontier .... strange how much sense that makes :D

I have to carry the big ones out on the balcony to paint them and photograph them. It's only the very small ones that fit on my desk and only one at a time.

That's a great man cave Bob, totally understand the impact of moving to a smaller place.

Laurence

Thank you sir!

When I built the Winds of War back in the 1970s, I had to assemble it out in the garage, the only place it would fit for the final assembly! Then, after the IPMS Nationals, when I brought it back home, I realized it would not go through a standard door, so, it went into the garage and the car stayed outside! Regardless, I still never learned my lesson from that. I keep on building them! :facepalm

Bob

Yeah, but...... You work in 1/72nd scale! I work in 1/35th mostly, but I build huge four feet by eight feet dioramas! Try that in a 6 inch by 6 inch work area! :yipee

Bob

Just because it's in 1/72 scale doesn't mean that it's always small. I have done that in a 6"x6" space... building a 1/72 scale Saturn V rocket, a 1/72 scale Dora railgun, a 1/72 scale DC-6, C-118, Tu-16 Badger..... should I go on? ;) :D

Bob

Just because it's in 1/72 scale doesn't mean that it's always small. I have done that in a 6"x6" space... building a 1/72 scale Saturn V rocket, a 1/72 scale Dora railgun, a 1/72 scale DC-6, C-118, Tu-16 Badger..... should I go on? ;) :D
I have an 1/100 B52 coming up some time nd that thing is humongoes

Back