• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

WIP Heads and Hands

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Just a quickie to show some heads that Ive redone as wasnt happy with my previous attempt.

Painted in Acrylics I think I managed to acheieve some "attitude" with the one of the right, so hes going to become my Hitler Youth Tank Hunter that Im currently doing right now.

Ive now started thinking about hands and Ive done an attempt to sculpt some onto a Panzerfaust for the above mentioned in progress figure.

I started with a blob of Aves and then squidged a hand shape then I let the putty set for about half an hour then did some more tweaking with a sharp blade and a few sharpe pointed tools
I then left to set overnight and when dry this morning I did some filing sanding and carving

Its my first attempt at this and Im happy with my progress so far !

Thank you for looking

Andy

img_0085_20100218_1093022070.jpg

img_0087_20100218_2023278020.jpg

img_2397_20100218_2084585638.jpg

img_2399_20100218_1817824793.jpg

img_2401_20100218_1857476730.jpg

img_2400_20100218_1223521256.jpg

img_2403_20100218_1265542146.jpg

Hey Andy Those faces certainly *pop* mate! Nice tones.
I love the effort with your hands; they sure look good to me and already better than most plastic injection hands ;) To further realise the appearance of real hands, try to simulate the slight furrows that run from between the knuckles over the back of the hand to a slight convergence towards the wrist. These can be easily done with a bullet head style tool when the putty is still a bit soft. Then,if the effect is over stated, you can wet a finger tip and smooth over the furrows gently which will lessen their impact.
Brad

Laura and Brad Thank you,

Yes I did think of those furrows after the putty set ( groan) but I then thought I would try and paint them in instead lolol
Thank you, though, for the sound advice I will try and do that the next time

Andy,

Excellent work on the heads and hands. I just recently started painting with acrylics and am pleased with the results. Hopefully with some practice I'll be able to get mine to look close to yours. You did a really good job with the skin tones.

James

The heads are nicely done, the right one looks young and has attitude.
I can't quite tell, so it may be done, where there right index finger meets the faust, make sure it's 'rolled' or sanded under and not a 90 degree deal.

Looks really good so far.

Back