• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wingnut Wings Moon Pup

A Pinup Gallery... I think there is something better, a 'printables' Gallery! Pin-ups, magazines, books, maps, signs, cartons, you name it! Actually there are a few web sites so the best thing to do is to link them and let the reader go there.

Adam, I just got word from Susan Wise, the owner or Pin Ups Plus and she tells me the translucency issue is posted in her eBay listings. I pointed out that I bought directly from her web site and it is not mentioned there. Her response included a code for a 15% discount for first time buyers from her web site which I did not get. It is her way to get eBay buyers to purchase from her site and save herself the fees. She did state she will refund the 15%. So far, she seems up front just like Rowan was...

When I get the sheets, and review them, I will gladly send you the Memphis Belle girls from both sheets. A sort of thank you for pointing out the decals I never knew existed.

Regards,

Thanks Saul, but no need. MP already hooked me up a long time ago. He's a stand up guy like that!

Ok...for the not so quick folks like myself...who makes the pin-up decals and where can we get them?

If you won't wait for my review... go to Pin Ups Plus and buy them. Make sure to use coupon code pinupsplus to get your 15% discount. Look for the modelers decals.

Regards,

The pic. with all the props isn't Pup's garage , ................

I think this is his garage .........................

pacific053.jpg

Ok...for the not so quick folks like myself...who makes the pin-up decals and where can we get them?

If you won't wait for my review... go to Pin Ups Plus and buy them. Make sure to use coupon code pinupsplus to get your 15% discount. Look for the modelers decals.

Regards,

My apologies Saul ;)

Truth is...I am saving up to buy that Trumpy Gato that Santa didn't bring so these won't be bought anytime soon...I look forward to your review!

No apologies needed! I reread my statement and it does come across as though I am vexed. Not in the least! My thoughts are that I spent the money and hopefully some will see it as a boon or not.

Regards,

I got the decals and they are beutiful to look at. Susan Wise, the owner, has been forthcoming with advice and readily admits that the decals are transluscent. I will write my review knowing of this issue and see how to overcome it.

Aside from the huge decals on transluscent and white film, Susan sent two large decals (of the type for guitars) which I will use for testing.

Regards,

we're engaged again!

The folks at Peon Models are good to their word and I received the new decals earlier this week.

I scrubbed off the old decals as much as I could and appled the new underlay decal over the remnants of the old ones.

IMAG0005.jpg

photo from the Droid, not bad eh?

I've applied underlay here. plan on letting them completely cure before trying to place the second decal which is the full moon face decal. I would not even think about trying to put the second decal on with the first one still wet. the varying shade you see on the decal is from the old decal still there, only slightly.

I'm looking forward to seeing the out come of this!

Awesome. I'm really looking forward to seeing her finished. Gives my Roland a target :evil:

James

Do ya worse Mate!!! Tally ho...

I happen to know your Roland is still in the hanger and, I swapped out your ammo for blanks when you weren't looking.... :mpup

Do ya worse Mate!!! Tally ho...

I happen to know your Roland is still in the hanger and, I swapped out your ammo for blanks when you weren't looking.... :mpup
Should be entering the paint shop soon . Thanks for the warning about blanks..will get new ammo :laugh:
James

we'll take care of that ammo for ya...

I had some time this AM before work, let's see how it's looking.

IMAG0009.jpg

Still the details look more blue than grey but C'est la vie. we'll see how it looks when Iget off work. Letting Champ's Decal Solution doing it's thing. ;)

I have more pictures tonight, the Champs is working on the stitched side getting the decals to lay down and tighten up. The left side, smooth side looks fine.

here's this afternoon's view.

IMAG0012.jpg

and compare to the first application without the underlay
Pup017.jpg

Night and day difference.

Thanks to Pheon Models for putting up with me and standing behind their product!

Next up some washing and filtering to get some fading work going. And to fix the silly rigging that's snapped because of fat fingers....

Back