• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wingnut Wings Moon Pup

To pickup where I left off, the Moon Shine is in place and settled down nicely

Pup052.jpg

Pup053.jpg

Pup054.jpg

As you can see, some rigging has gotten busted up and I need to repair it, also I have to finish up with the lights and the landing flare dispenser that hangs off the bottom. Planing on a wash and a few more decals of the stars on the starboard side.

Hey Bob! The Moonshine is looking good! I like what you've done with it! Good to be back at the bench?

Thanks Mike, that rigging is bugging me, all that stuff busted loose just sitting there. Back at the bench? I wish! work work work...work work work...work work work...

Hi Bob,
The Pup really looks good.
Sorry to hear that your pup is sitting there disintegrating but that's always been my experience. Just adds to the reasons why I don't enjoy them that well.
My Swordfish is the first one I have built where none of that has ever popped off. We must be missing something.

Cheers, Christian. B)

Kind of figured GM would take their sweet old time. Glad you have alternate transportation.

Today I sat down and fixed the rigging. I was going to give the tops of the wings a neutral wash, and I did start. Then I notice the tip of the starboard lower wing was tacky, I pulled a brush over the finish and saw to my horror the black paint pealing up. The finish is ruined.

I have no idea what happened. Paint came up all the way down to the surface of the plastic. Even the primer was gone. Oddly, the decal stars remain, this tells me something split on the surface and the decal carrier film obviously repelled it.

Mr. Surfacer primer, acrylic black, several coats of that, then an acrylic clear coat, then a couple of oil based washes on top of that. Mind you it was only the tip of the wing back maybe one rib.

I would be interested to know your best guesses of what it could have been, but I'm not going to fix it now.

Sorry that this happend to your great build.:(

You used a couple of washes,so maybe you put on the washes too long for time,too heavy,so it could still attack the layers beneath.
There are also acrylic washes,maybe you could use them insted of oil based washes.[but I never was very happy with there results]

Hope you can still save your build,Bob.

Greetings,Ron.

Sorry to hear that Moon: that is one beautiful build and it breaks my heart to know something on it is ruined... :( Unfortunately, due to a total lack of experience in these matters, as much as I want to I can't help you here...
emoticon_noidea.gif

Hope you can get it right! :)

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Shouldn't of eaten beans before you started working on it :laugh:
Tarp sounds like a plan. Maybe some shears a pot of paint and a folded up tissue paper representing new cdl.
James

oh crap! :(

your kit was cursed by a maori medicine man, that i'm sure of!

good idea with the tarp, that should do it!

You think it was the ancient Indian Burial Ground curse again?? I need to find something to bury to appease those old guys. They are reakin' havoc on my models now.

Thanks Ian! Glad to see you posting again. (y)

OK, so I haven't completely given up..

Pup055.jpg

had some black paint in the Sotar today so I figured what's the worse that could happen??

Back