• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wingnut Wings Moon Pup

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
We start off with a little prodding from my pals at Swannys Forums. Seems Rob Hart and crew started up a World War I Aircraft Competition.

The Prize, A Wingnut Wings Sopwith Pup.

Ok, I'm in.

What to do?

Well I got this...
pup001_20100417_1817821886.jpg

So, build a Wingnut Wings Sopwith Pup for a chance to win a Wingnut Wings Sopwith Pup. OK I'm in. :mpup

but that's not the last of it.

There was more prodding.

James Fahey from New Zealand prodded me with this profile of a Sopwith Pup and said it was a prefict match for someone known as Moon Puppy...

PuppyMoon.jpg

And he's right!

I had planned on counting up how many turn buckles I will need and sitting down to start cutting tube. We know how that worked out.

Sometime this weekend, there will be brass a cuttin'. I'm going to start on the wood grain painting on the cockpit and I'll likely follow the instructions pretty closely.

Hope you all enjoy this as much as I'm going to.

Hey wait a cotton picking minute!!!! That's one of them new-fangled flying thing-a-majigs, ain't it?? :laugh: Good luck with it!!!!

Gene

That paint scheme is too cool. I like a lot.
Here Bob, these are beyond belief.

turn buckles

James

James, if I'm not mistaken, Bob's Buckles is in the contest. As well as several of our friends here and there. So like, I ain't got a chance, it's an excuse to build this bad boy!

Wait a sec! As I understand it, there's only one Rob Mooar He's on that list. When did you sneak in Rob?

That paint scheme is too cool. I like a lot.
Here Bob, these are beyond belief.

turn buckles

James

James, if I'm not mistaken, Bob's Buckles is in the contest. As well as several of our friends here and there. So like, I ain't got a chance, it's an excuse to build this bad boy!

Wait a sec! As I understand it, there's only one Rob Mooar He's on that list. When did you sneak in Rob?

I dont believe for a sec that you dont have a chance. But the link I sent you is where I bought my turn buckles. cheap and took a week to arrive. They are well worth the money. Save you the cutting
James

Looking forward to this! Going to be cool, and I know you will give them a run for their money!

Go Moon Puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ro:

The Pup-Pup! I like it- and the WNW kits are nothin' but luxury. This ought to be a fun build, homie- cheers!
chuk

Initial reaction is WOW. First thing, how few parts there really are. The molding, the sharpness, the placement of frets and absolutely no flash! There's some thin seam lines on the props that will have to be taken care of. I'm going to need a lot more wire than I have!

I did spray some Alclad primer for the forward floor and cowls. Also sprayed a base of lightened raw sienna for the base of the wood. Not going to have to do the struts as, according to the profile, they were painted black.

Did I mention I'm going to need more wire?

This is gonna be cool , the black and white art deco moon , are killer .

I was waiting for you to start a WNW !!!

I haven't build a plane in ages and don't usually check out the wingy thing forums, glad I did today.
This looks to be a very interesting build, I'll be checking in more often.

Rob
www.scratchmod.com
info@scratchmod.com

Bob's Buckles. en-route as we speak. Is it worth it, I don't know yet. Everyone who gets them brags. I can only imagine how nuts I would be twisting up 80 eyelets and cutting 80 pieces of .5mm tube 1.5mm long...and how many would have been flung across the garage via tweezer launch.

Back