• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Wingnut Wings Moon Pup

You know that mine is not and expert opinion, far from that! :unsure: But I don't think it takes trained eyes to recognize the sheer beauty of this model and the skills one needs to have to build one: what a superb piece of work, Moon!!!
113.gif
You guys are always setting the bar higher and higher... :eek:hmy:

Congrats on a job well done and thanks for sharing it with us!
101.gif

Cheers, B)
Fernao

Fernao, you flatter me again! If we had time I could point out all the flaws and mistakes, and I'm still not done! Plenty of time for me to screw it up, I just got to keep my mason jars of clear liquid sorted... :mpup

Fernao, you flatter me again! If we had time I could point out all the flaws and mistakes, and I'm still not done! Plenty of time for me to screw it up, I just got to keep my mason jars of clear liquid sorted... :mpup

Like all those white dust bunnies all over the black. Almost look like stars or something.

:eek:hmy: Ooohhh, my bad :evil:

James

Good news and bad news.

Both shipments of replacement decals came in this week.

Seems the problem was not so freak afterall. All the replacement decals look to suffer the same problem.

Here are the original pictures, which Rowan admitted there was something wrong.

Pup017.jpg

Pup018.jpg

Pup019.jpg

Here are the replacements...

The grey color is just not there prominent enough. When the decal is installed against the black surface it all washes out and you see no detail or the difference in tones.

Pup043.jpg
Pup044.jpg
Pup045.jpg
Pup046.jpg
Pup047.jpg
Pup042.jpg

The last couple of shots are of the right hand side decal put on in reverse to show how the printing order is out of whack. There's clearly grey color there but it's washed out and not what we see in the reference image that Rowan posted a while back.
PupSun039.jpg

Rowan, I would suggest testing your decals on a black surface and see for your self the result. Maybe it's me doing something wrong, I don't know. But it's pretty straight forward, I even installed on backwards like you thought i did on the first on just to show what backwards would look like.

I would suggest 3 decals to make tis one up. You separate the cockades in 2 pieces, maybe this one needs to be separated also.

Guess my next step is to strip it and go back to a OOB scheme. :(
ce la vie

Well I would loan you my torch hammer.............. but it has come to far and is very nice. You will get it knocked out. I know you will.

That is looking fantastic MP. I love that scheme you chose. Sorry to hear about your decal woes.

Oh and btw you can get tons of pinup girls in decals. Remember that whole sheet I bought just to get that Memphis Belle decal?

cam9.jpg

That didn't turn out to well but I think if you put white underneath them they'd be ok.

And wouldn't you know it there she is right next to the Memphis Belle! :laugh:

That is looking fantastic MP. I love that scheme you chose. Sorry to hear about your decal woes.

Oh and btw you can get tons of pinup girls in decals. Remember that whole sheet I bought just to get that Memphis Belle decal?

cam9.jpg

That didn't turn out to well but I think if you put white underneath them they'd be ok.

And wouldn't you know it there she is right next to the Memphis Belle! :laugh:

Photobucket denied again... :angry:

I do remember the Belle Adam. That's basically what Rowan at Pheon Models is doing to fix this moving forward. I sure didn't mean to sound whinny about this all but frustration got the best of me. Rowan is sending out replacements once they get them printed up and for that I can't complain a bit. He is standing behind his product and showing patience with me, for that... (y)

I'll clean up the sides of this and get back to the black background and try to even up the paint job as much as I can. Shouldn't be a problem, if I do have one, just post it here and someone can set me right. Happens all the time. :D

cam9.jpg

Adam, who makes the sheet? CAM Decals? If so, I don't see it listed on their web site.

[Edit - I found the decals and they are sold with either a transparent or white background]

Do you think doubling up on the decals would have worked? Are they thick? I have my mind set on tw girls for my A-20.

Regards,

To avoid another issue like Moon Puppy and Adam suffered, I have placed an order for two Pin Up decals, one white background and another translucent. I made it clear I will be reviewing them here on this site (an exclusive). It looks like it also makes my decision for the Bomber Command GB; A-20G Havoc.

Regards,

To avoid another issue like Moon Puppy and Adam suffered, I have placed an order for two Pin Up decals, one white background and another translucent. I made it clear I will be reviewing them here on this site (an exclusive). It looks like it also makes my decision for the Bomber Command GB; A-20G Havoc.

Regards,

Aww what the heck. I didn't realize they had them with a white background! Or maybe they didn't then. That was about two years ago. Well that's awesome. Guess I'll be ordering some more... after your review that is Saul. Also as far as I remember they weren't that thick.

Sorry to hijack your thread MP. That build is really looking good.

A Pinup Gallery... I think there is something better, a 'printables' Gallery! Pin-ups, magazines, books, maps, signs, cartons, you name it! Actually there are a few web sites so the best thing to do is to link them and let the reader go there.

Adam, I just got word from Susan Wise, the owner of Pin Ups Plus and she tells me the translucency issue is posted in her eBay listings. I pointed out that I bought directly from her web site and it is not mentioned there. Her response included a code for a 15% discount for first time buyers from her web site which I did not get. It is her way to get eBay buyers to purchase from her site and save herself the fees. She did state she will refund the 15%. So far, she seems up front just like Rowan was...

When I get the sheets, and review them, I will gladly send you the Memphis Belle girls from both sheets. A sort of thank you for pointing out the decals I never knew existed.

Regards,

Ok...for the not so quick folks like myself...who makes the pin-up decals and where can we get them?

Back