• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Williams Brothers B-10.

Told you earlier that this one would bring out your modelling skills, looks real nice from here! (y)

Love this bird...

We were at WPAFB a couple of years ago and my sweetie was amazed at how tiny these birds actualyy were... and even more amazed that people will;ingly got into them to fly!

Nice job on that old kit Bob (y) (y)

And blue & yellow is always nice

h3481828.jpg

//Mats

Framing out the canopies.

Decal sheet that i've been playing around with for a while. Think the under color is black then chrome. Put the True Blue on top of it.

hc64a005.jpg

Cut into fine strips.

hf2267bd.jpg

then tedium for all...not sure if this is LESS tedious than masking, the frame lines are so light it's hard to tell where to cut the mask. I have not treated the parts yet, I'm wondering if the decals are going to adhear to the parts. May have to do the Future treatment to them before decals will stick. Will check it before heading off to work. :soldier

:pilot

Bob place some tin foil underneath the clear plastic . Shine a strong light from above so it reflects back up.

This will help in seeing the frames.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Geoff, not sure what I can show you but you can rest assured it will be the best pictures I take..:rotf

Well I took a look at the canopy this morning and most of the decals just blew off in the wind. I'm going to get a coat of Future on them and see if they will stick any better.

Any suggestions on how to cut a really thin line of the decal paper without it curling up under the knife?

That's looking good Bob!

For cutting delicate material like decal sheets try using a brand new x-acto blade and a straight edge and lightly make several cuts until the decal strip is separated, it works for me. :)

Matrixone

Well I took a look at the canopy this morning and most of the decals just blew off in the wind. I'm going to get a coat of Future on them and see if they will stick any better.

Any suggestions on how to cut a really thin line of the decal paper without it curling up under the knife?

I would try these two things Bob although I'm not sure it will work. :idonno

1. Cut it upside down .

2. Use a # 10 blade instead of a #11. They don't dig into the work as badly .

Hope this helps. Cheers, Christian B)

Quick update.

Sorry, not much time lately for modeling, hopefully things will settle down soon. :zen

hbc42481.jpg

think the frames are all done, wheels going on tomorrow hopefully.

Back