• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Williams Brothers B-10.

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't build a kit here at Wesendorf Field in a long time, figure Tom would have liked a good yellow wing so here we go.

he334fba.jpg

Nice boxing, colorful box art. The B10 was cutting edge technology when it first flew. All metal design, retractable landing gear, enclosed cockpit. Man that's living life large in 1930s. It was able to outrun any fighter of the day, nice advantage to have.

Flash, flash flash everywhere.
h0746c9c.jpg

h5fbe596.jpg

I guess you expect this from these types of kits, I'm already missing Tamiya.

h0ab4e38.jpg

h165a824.jpg

Not sure if that's a short run or opening in the fuselage. Some of these openings are nothing but a suggestion. We'll get it sorted out.

I've never build a Williams Brother kit before so I don't know what to expect. Looking over the sprues and instructions, I expect some work. Instructions seem to be updated from the one build blog I found, suggestions are there to thin trailing edge of the inside wings to better fit. You see here I have done that and it does help.

hfbf0274.jpg

h56579cc.jpg

he33a5e6.jpg

Another suggestion included in the instructions, how to fix the gear for inflight, which it does not recommend.

h43af998.jpg

Well at least they are honest about it.

That's all for now, Tiger had me distracted to day but I'll get the wings together ASAP. :pilot

To Tom :drinks

That's a very old kit. Does the corrugated wing look any better on the bench than here ? :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

:rotf Ian called me young...:rotf

Chris I see no corrugated surface on the wings at all. Only on the belly. Can't tell from the pictures on the web but it doesn't look like it has corrugated wings.

Thanks Saul, not sure it is because I believe there is a corresponding opening on the other half. Well see better when I get to that point and look on the inside. You can see where they intended openings from the inside.

Very nice. I always love seeing people building WB's kits. My grandfather worked for WB in Escondido, CA for a few years back in the early to mid 90's. I remember getting a chance to go in and seeing all of the injection molding machines and all the other stuff going on in there. Was really amazing for a 12 y/o to see.

hit a man when he's down huh Paul!? :smack

Just wait and see, I'm going to nail that AlcladII one day.

:mpup

The B10 was the basis for the B12. They look incidental and what I've read the only real difference was the engines.

From Wiki

Martin_YB-10.jpg

YB-10

Martin_B-12_parked.jpg

B-12

Martin_XB-14.jpg

B-14

I tried to google B-12 thinking I was about to learn something..... :hmmm

But it turned out to be about B-12 deficiency , so I did learn something but not the expected.

There are definitely some airplanes out there that you don't hear about like the B-19 or the Mother goose :pinch: :rotf :rotf

Back