• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

UH-1H Sgt. Daniel Wilson memorial build.

h54b8fad_2016-07-08.jpg

I'm still researching the tail numbers. It might be in my Army logs that I have now that I think of it. It will look like this one pictured.

Rest easy brother! May you eternally ride on the wings of rotor blades.

Army Aviation--Above the best!!!

Tim

heb1d91e.JPG

h631d448.JPG

Added instruments and wiring to the rear of the instrument panel.

hc4120f5.JPG

Panel painted and hood extended.

hbfc2a4c.JPG

hb49be64.JPG

Top of transmission was cut down to lower collective lever. The rotor mast will have to be shortened also. Flight controls finally are completed. Thanks Gary

Interesting to note that the wiring is all white. IIRC, there weren't that many colored wires inside aircraft, mostly pre wired wiring harnesses right?

Looks good :popcorn

Most wire bundles are white and may be encased in a black mesh (snakeskin). They may also be a beige/yellow if kapton. Wires on panels are usually colour coded, red-hot, white-return, green-ground but I've seen purple and other colours. Orange wire is experimental at least up here but I think its probably the same all over. You will also find black rubber covered wires. Tape could be black or orange
To the best of my faulty memory.
James

Most wire bundles are white and may be encased in a black mesh (snakeskin). They may also be a beige/yellow if kapton. Wires on panels are usually colour coded, red-hot, white-return, green-ground but I've seen purple and other colours. Orange wire is experimental at least up here but I think its probably the same all over. You will also find black rubber covered wires. Tape could be black or orange
To the best of my faulty memory.
James

That sounds about right James. I think it's rare you'd see the color wire in access panels that we would be modeling.

h6ec68f3.JPG

hf88cb8b.JPG

h9aad465.JPG

h0c98fb0.JPG

Made and installed seat belts, installed seats, collectives and cyclic sticks. Made from soda can, ammo can and a tool box to go under the crew chiefs seat. Also 3 smoke grenades. Gary

h716703b.JPG

I didn't like the gap in the floor, so I filled it in. Painted ammo cans and tool box. This morning I glued the fuselage together. Sunny Beaches Gary

Nice job! Those ammo cans and toolbox look exceptional. However, the gap in the floor on the sides was meant for the sliding door mechanism to track through, like the sliding doors on an old school automobile minivan. You'll find a corresponding gap at the roof of the cabin as well. No biggie though if you're going to model this without cabin doors.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks Lutz and Mad Dog, I'm going to have the doors open. That gap was not on the real birds and the floor should be level to the opening which on the model is not, which is to involved to fix. Gary

hb893ef3.jpg

h3aad012.jpg

H'mmm I have no idea. The bird is an H model built in 71. States side obviously. The guys in the back look like computer nerds or payroll clerks. Gary

Back