• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Spirit

mlp

OK, I'm back :)

so here we go

Testors/Italerie 1/72 B-2 Spirit
P1030953_1.jpg

without a box as already mentioned

P1030955-2_1.jpg

The Brits were a little lazy during the holidays, so the Eduard PE and the Begemot decals haven't arrived yet. But it will be this stuff

ZoomIn.gif

BT7217.jpg

and beside some pics from the web those books
S001_1.jpg

S01_1.jpg

That's it ...

That's an amazing aircraft. I love the fact that Jack Northrup was able to see it before his death. He was such a visionary.

Looking forward to this Martin!

Alright!!! Good choice Martin!!:dude

This will be another fun one to watch! So we have a B-1 and a B-2 Both having quite a legacy in aviation, what a gallery this GB is going to make in a year's time.

oh my goodness ... have a look at this: http://www.umm-usa.com/mygallery/galleryB2.html

I'd better choose a different one :) - well we'll see

oh boy, this thing is huge

P1030959_1.jpg

those are 73cm = 28,74 inch - this will not fit into my display :huh:

This is it for today

P1030962_1.jpg

the upper parts are set aside for drying .... a lot of filler will went into this one

Cool. I'm sure you will do her justice. Will be fun to watch this build.
James

PS The gotha is the same wingspan. Now I have an idea of how big that is. Wow.

OK, only some preparation work

Close the holes from behind

P1030964_1.jpg

Grease it or better wax it

P1030967_1.jpg

Now some bathroom silicon cause the front bay is not even

P1030969_1.jpg

P1030971_1.jpg

fill the rest with plaster

P1030973_1.jpg

and why all this? I think it's easier to detail them by replacing them completely

Silicon sealant and plaster? You're supposed to be building a plastic model kit, not remodeling your bathroom. :laugh:

Silicon sealant and plaster? You're supposed to be building a plastic model kit, not remodeling your bathroom. :laugh:

ssssssst - I thought nobody will recognize it :silly:

No, Moon, I will detail them, not sure whether replacing them completely or not :unsure:

OK for the Spirit I decided to do some extra stuff, so I opened the extra air doors

P1030974_1.jpg

Oh you gods of styrene .... The canopy has the wrong side struts molded - well then, sand them off

P1030980_1.jpg

OK, it looks like it could work .... only 2 hours of sanding and polishing

P1030992_1.jpg

I pray for the god of Future, please help!

Ah and the moldings of the wheel and bomb bays are ready

P1030982_1.jpg

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: it worked

P1030994_1.jpg

P1030995_1.jpg

so the prozess was:
sanding with a 600 grid, then 1200, then 3000, then with a nail polish set in 3 grades and last a bath in future

The Windscreen is wonderful! Now...what the hell are you doing with those gear well molds????

Thank you all. I was quite happy that it turned out like that :)

@MP, to be honest, I'm not sure. You know this? you get an idea and without thinking whether its useful or not you just do it :) So, I don't know if I will use those or not

Well you nailed it, and I'm still not sure if you got something up your bag o' tricks or not...

most of the destructive work should be done now

P1040021_1.jpg

only to open the cabin door is left and this is pretty tricky, cause compared to the ref drawings I've got the front wheel bay is not long enough and because of that the cabin door is too far to the front :( ... not sure what to do ...

first a glass of wine to rethink a solution .....

Back