• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Spirit

I'm not sure what you're doing with the bay molds but my curiosity is piqued!

Regards,

even two glasses of wine didn't help :) ... not yet sure what to do with the front wheel bay.

but ....

most if not all of the destructive things are done .... well almost :) so I started the engine intakes and the engines

P1040047_2.jpg

P1040048_1.jpg

ootb would be far too boring, wouldn't it? (it is!)

fabulous destruction work!

about the wheel bay ... do some more destruction and rebuild with plastic sheet? i mean ... all in all when looking at the intakes that shouldn't be a work to scare you off!

i'm sure that hermann (traudls modellbau) is well stocked with plastic sheet!

i'm sure that hermann (traudls modellbau) is well stocked with plastic sheet!

:) not that much since yesterday any more ....

Well most of my kits I mostly build OOB except those which are just toooooooooo basic .... hm .... most of my kist are just tooooooooo basic :sick: .... oh well, but what would you do with i.e. Mach2 kits or this one? Well most of the flying thingies builders would not even think about those kits :) ... OK, I'm sick but what the ... I dont care :laugh:

you have to move the wheel bay, is that correct?

Cut out around the razortooth pattern. give it maybe a couple of mm play, from that hole cut out the amount of kit plastic that needs to be shifted. Reinstall the cut out hole of the bay and back fill where you moved if from with the kit plastic and other fillers...And then, welcome to the sandman crew!

Looking good!!! Can't wait to see what's next.

oh well ... building the engines :)

the most fizzybizzy part
P1040050_2.jpg

only 3 more to come, but not tonight :)

Laura, Bob, you are both right, I most probably will move the front bay a little to the back ... but first I want to finish the engine bays and the engines ....

:blink HOLY CRAP!!!! BATMAN :eek:hmy: I think I'll pickup my B-26 and go sit in the corner. My head hurts just looking at what you're doing WOW!

Keep at it!

Terry (y)

Thanks a lot .... just playing around :blush:

The engines I declare finished
P1040075_3.jpg

The extra intakes (dont know how those are called ... auxillery intakes ???) are good enough I say
P1040064_3.jpg

P1040070_2.jpg

The left engine bay is still drying and the sandman crew has to take a look after that but I think it's ok now
P1040078_3.jpg

Just one more to come

The left engines in place (just a dry fit)
P1040061_1.jpg

P1040067_3.jpg

dry fit of the intake
P1040060_1.jpg

P1040058_3.jpg

So now you know why all this :)

They are the auxiliary intakes for ground operations. Nice look to the engines.

If that is two part epoxy putty, why not smooth it out with a moist tool (I have used a strip of polypropelene, from a plastic coffee can lid) or even a finger to minimize the amount of sanding needed?

Regards,

Very inspiring work Martin, pleasure to watch. I don't think I have ever been able to follow a SBS from you like this.

Note to self: go dig out all Martin's post and get educated...

Small point Martin,

I have yet to see a turbojet engine whereby one can see from the front to the back end. Hopefully, you will blank off the view. Actually, with the Spirit's exhaust design, it may not be necessary.

Regards,

Small point Martin,

I have yet to see a turbojet engine whereby one can see from the front to the back end. Hopefully, you will blank off the view. Actually, with the Spirit's exhaust design, it may not be necessary.

Regards,

You're right and for sure you wont be able to look through in the end :)

Back