• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Goon

chukw

I'm painting a couple of prototypes for Dark Horse Comics' new Goon figure. The sculpt is by my buddy Sean McNally and is a real treat.

The first fig is my entry and will tour with Dark Horse's comic con appearances starting in New York towards the latter part of February. I can post my start pics but noting more until it makes it's big debut. Cheers!

Goon_001.jpg

Goon_002.jpg

Goon_003.jpg

Excellent! It was nice them giving permission for you to even show this much before the unveiling Chuck! Will be looking forword to seeing the finished piece. (y)

Thanks, guys! There's a bit of a story behind this statue- Blur Studio, my former job, wants to make a CG movie from this comic book. To that end we staged a Kickstarter campaign and raised 473,000 bucks to make a full storyboard animatic of the movie. Goon creator Eric Powell wrote the script, and I and a small crew of board artists drew it out. Our layout editors timed them in sequence, added temp dialogue and soundtracks, sound FX and so forth- all so Hollywood bigwigs could see how cool this unorthodox CG film could be. It will be done soon, and anyone who contributed to the campaign is invited to a screening of the animatic, yet to be determined. Part of any Kickstarter entails rewards set by donation levels. This statue was the highest reward for big donors, and was cast in bronze powder impregnated resin. Happy recipients have posted pics online, so this isn't much in the way of a sneak peek- yet! ;)

If you're unfamiliar with The Goon- look it up! It's a really entertaining, funny, weird and visceral story- and the art ain't bad either! You can watch Eric's art and story both develop as the tales of calamity and woe unfold.

The-Goon-Chinatown.jpg

GoonRevenge1_thumb.jpg

Okay, enough yappin' on my part- I can't wait to post the process pics and the final product!

That's awesome.

Just checked out the Proof, it grossed Cindy out so I think y'all got a winner. :rotf

Pretty cool Chuck, just watched the kick start trailer and it looks like a lot of fun. Looking forward to your finished product.

:popcorn

Not sure if you're following your amazing piece to our lovely state of NY, but if you do-- dress warmly as it's been and will continue to be in the negative digits here!

Back