• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke Finishes Two in August

Duke Maddog

Well, despite a lot of issues and setbacks, I did manage to finish a couple more models.

These are the ACE 1/72 scale Mercedes touring cars from the 1930's. As such, they are about two and a half inches long plus or minus in this scale. The camera catches every issue, mistake and poor paint work that I did on these, making these crap compared to real car builders on these boards. That being said, they do look good from three feet away and I am thrilled... yes Thrilled! to have these done and on the shelf!

Okay, enough talk... here they are:

This first one is the Mercedes Type 770K (W-150) Grosser cabriolet F touring car. This one was done as the Mirbach private gallery as restored in the 1990's. I did that because I like the green:

full

full

I like the dashboard they give you in this kit:

full

full

The next one is the Mercedes Type 770K (W-150) Grosser Tourenwagen (unarmored). I did this as the car used by Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands in May 1945. That was mostly because I liked all the markings on this car:

full

full

full

full

And that is all for now. I wanted to finish more but things have been even more difficult for me than usual lately. Besides, I've been dealing with a ton of seams and other issues on my large aircraft that have slowed me down. You'll be able to see them in my other Thread.

Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Neat looking cars. You shouldnt complain, I cant even do a good paint job on 1/35. Those would kill me lol.
James

Thanks guys for the fantastic compliments, I appreciate them very much!

Bob, I'm glad I did too. I've really been needing it.

Ian, check out ACE's lineup. They have quite a few vehicles that no other model company has ever produced in 1/72 scale. I love ACE kits, even though they are very short run.

Thanks Sharkman! I'm very pleased with these cars.

Thanks Stone! Yeah, everyone calls it Braille scale, mostly because it can't be seen! LOL! I always joke at my model contests that I bring so much quantity because otherwise my stuff can't be seen by anyone! :bigrin:

Braille scale :) Lucky you have a camera that fits a microscope :) Good stuff as always Duke.

LOL! Yeah! I just hate it when the microscope falls over and breaks a model while I'm shooting pics! :bash: LOL! Gotta find one with a suction base!:bigrin::good:

Mark, those are twp interesting Mercedes staff car types. I find it unusual for a Mercedes staff type vehicle to be driven by Netherlands royalty and sporting American Army markings. Very cool though, I do like it.

Thanks Dave! As far as I can tell, the Prince got his car before the war, as these cars came out in '35-'36 or so. Later, he obviously didn't want to be mistaken for a German Staff officer by the USAAF, USA or RAF, so he made sure that it was very clear that he was an ally.

I do think that car looks so awesome in those markings.

Back