• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya SU-76M Finished!

Tamiya SU-76M

My response makes it ovious that i do not do any remodeling! "Whit Lightning" is a term that has a whole other meaning in this part of the US

:popcorn Whatever that stuff is, it sure reminds me of White lightning :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Only looks like that on the way out :sick:

I once had White Lightning and had to ride a horse back to my friend's farm. not one to glorify drinking but trust me, drunk on a horse is no way to have to try and get around :evil: , especially in a pine tree forest!

:rotf :rotf :rotf Not that White Lightning

I guess you don't do any remodeling Bruce ? :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Tamiya SU-76M

Hey man did not mean to steal a thread or anything with my lack of refinement (AKA; white lightning).

This thing is really neat, I like the added weld seam, I bet it goes together very neatly - can't wait to see more
:soldier

After a long week at work and spending yesterday sorting,packing and boxing stuff in preparation for our new hardwood floors, I managed to squeeze in some bench time this morning. There are numerous shallow ejector marks that have to be dealt with, so I concentrated on getting the interior and sub-assemblies done. Not many in progress photos were taken, but here's the pile of parts to prove I actually did something. :laugh:

IMG_8378.JPG

IMG_8379.JPG

The parts are well detailed and fit quite well, I figure to get the interior painted this week and get the assembly finalized. Thanks for stopping by!

B) :drinks

Tamiya SU-76M

Boy, oh boy has it been awhile since my last update! I have to admit, I'm not all that excited about this kit. I remember now why I said it would be hell and forever before I built another open top vehicle. All the prep work and pre-painting that has to be protected from the final paints leaves me uninspired. I refuse to let it beat me however, so we shall try to persevere.

The kit comes with a lot of ammo rounds, I scraped the seam lines and inverted them in my blob of mounting putty. A coat of primer, followed by a couple light coats of Testors Brass Metalizer.

IMG_8734.JPG

IMG_8744.JPG

The gun went together really well and the barrel only required a cursory sanding to eliminate the seam line. Paint is 4BO Green by AK,

IMG_8745.JPG

It's funny, the color is almost the same as the kit plastic. :idonno

IMG_8746.JPG

I missed a spot on the interior, will hit it again.

IMG_8747.JPG

Hmm, I guess I made more progress than I thought. Might finish him yet? B)

Thanks for checking in.

:drinks

Tamiya SU-76M

I like it!

Russian vehicles being rushed as they were, it might be better to just slightly blend that missed part, it will likley fit right in there

I understand about the open-top stuff. thought of trying that again give me pause, not enough to put my had near Bob's Pit-dog, but pause just the same

Tamiya SU-76M

Thank you, my friends! I'm hoping to get back at it this weekend, time is running out. :frantic

Back