• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya SU-76M Finished!

Tamiya SU-76M 10-31-16 Getting Closer!

ROCK ON!! I HATE those kind of tracks!! I see the paint and the plastic ARE different colors! Otlichno Tovarisch!! (y) :D :dude :ro: :drinks :good:

At the same time, Hustle Up, Will ya!! :bat

Tamiya SU-76M Still Scrambling

Thirteen months and you need an extension?

Show Me the Money

Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Is this really coming from a guy that was missing for ( ? ) an unknown period of time :rotf

He may not be rolling but he's at least at idle :tomato

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks, guys! I really do appreciate the feedback. The tide is starting to turn and this is beginning to look like a gun. The kit tracks are a bear, I can't lie to you. They are fiddly, with the small attachment points not wanting to hold at the most inopportune moments. If I had it to do again, I would have bought a set of Friuls, but I had to go out of the box to see if I could still do it. I got the tracks whipped around noon, spent the rest of the afternoon painting more bits and pieces. Here's where we are now.

IMG_8780.JPG

IMG_8781.JPG

IMG_8782.JPG

IMG_8783.JPG

The monitor reveals areas that need touch up and adjustment that I can't see in person, will take steps to correct those. Next up, weathering and final assembly. That will have to wait until tomorrow as it's back to work for me tomorrow. Thanks for following along and checking in.

:drinks

Christian put me in my place so I better not say a word :smack

I can't get NO respect

You know he's just messin' with you. :rotf

I am not quite glacial in my modeling now, but close.

I Don't see nuttin' wrong with it chief...........

Hey on teh left side of the vehicle, there is something silver and pointy poking out there? What is that? I was thinking either a Pitot tube or a bayonet for thor a bayonet charge? (not really...I just like the thought of either of those on a tank)

Check the responses from James and Saul on page 6 for that answer.
B)

WOW looking good Mike. Really like the extras you are doing. I would go for aiming rods also but from the one pic I found they dont have any stipres on them.

SU_76M_11.jpg

yVJUntb.jpg

But this pic from Kagero says they are crow bars???

su76-1.png

James

I still think it's a bayonet

Christian put me in my place so I better not say a word :smack

I can't get NO resp :popcorn ect

Oh yeah, I'm so mean :rotf Translate that to English and it means I missed your post :idonno You were gone a long time :soldier Thought maybe you broke a track :coolio

Anyhow, I can't complain about the lack of speed . I seem to be slower than Mike and don't even have a slip from the doctor .

Glad to see you back Tony !

GO MIKE ! It's starting to look the part . Waiting for more :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks, my friends! If you look really closely, you may see that I drilled out the end of the second rod/bar. Going to add some numerals before I start the weathering, haven't decided which yet. :hmmm

Thank you so much, my friends, I'm glad you like it! Well, it's been a long road. This kit has presented some challenges, but it finally came together. I dug through my parts box and found some Archer dry transfers for the the numerals. The numerals were cut out and positioned with a bit of tape.

IMG_8784.JPG

I used my ball tip burnisher to rub the numbers down.

IMG_8785.JPG

And here is the finished photos, I didn't take any during the weathering process.

IMG_8787.JPG

IMG_8788.JPG

IMG_8789.JPG

IMG_8790.JPG

IMG_8791.JPG

IMG_8792.JPG

The leaves are from Ausfwerks, the rest of the schmutz is made of pigments and oils. Thanks for riding along and thank you for the extra couple days to finish.

:drinks

Back