• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya SU-76M Finished!

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
A friend of mine turned me onto this kit and I just HAD to have one. :laugh: The Tamiya SU-76M seems to be a less popular subject and therefore I dig it. Here's the start up photos and results of a couple hours of work.

IMG_8334.JPG

IMG_8335.JPG

I added weld beads to the front plates, using styrene rod, liquid glue and the tip of my sculpting tool.

IMG_8336.JPG

IMG_8337.JPG

That's about it for right now, I'm headed to the garage to paint on the T-62 again. More later.

:drinks

Assembly of the lower hull and road wheels went pretty fast.

IMG_8338.JPG

That's about all I accomplished today on this one, more next week.

:drinks

Tamiya SU-76M

Off to a great start Mike. I just ordered one of those last night from Mega Hobby.

Tamiya SU-76M

That sir is a neat choice! The actual vehicle itself was one of the most produced/used of all Soviet vehivles and the crews like them despite the light armor and relatively open cocpit. I think it could raise it's gun quite high, so that made it handy for the impromtu bombardment tool, plust the high velocity 76mm gun could deal with pretty much anything but a Panther Will be watching!

Tamiya SU-76M

:popcorn Whatever that stuff is, it sure reminds me of White lightning :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Only looks like that on the way out :sick:

I once had White Lightning and had to ride a horse back to my friend's farm. not one to glorify drinking but trust me, drunk on a horse is no way to have to try and get around :evil: , especially in a pine tree forest!

Tamiya SU-76M

Hey Mikey, try this vid, has some good footage to show they were often outgitted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnModjgZVAs

Tamiya SU-76M

:popcorn Whatever that stuff is, it sure reminds me of White lightning :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Only looks like that on the way out :sick:

I once had White Lightning and had to ride a horse back to my friend's farm. not one to glorify drinking but trust me, drunk on a horse is no way to have to try and get around :evil: , especially in a pine tree forest!

:rotf :rotf :rotf Not that White Lightning

I guess you don't do any remodeling Bruce ? :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Tamiya SU-76M

After a long week at work and spending yesterday sorting,packing and boxing stuff in preparation for our new hardwood floors, I managed to squeeze in some bench time this morning. There are numerous shallow ejector marks that have to be dealt with, so I concentrated on getting the interior and sub-assemblies done. Not many in progress photos were taken, but here's the pile of parts to prove I actually did something. :laugh:

IMG_8378.JPG

IMG_8379.JPG

The parts are well detailed and fit quite well, I figure to get the interior painted this week and get the assembly finalized. Thanks for stopping by!

B) :drinks

Back