• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya SU-76M Finished!

Tamiya SU-76M

Thanks, my friends! Progress has been slow as there's a lot of other things going on in my life currently, but I managed to get to the bench for most of today. Here's what that wrought.

Painting lots of parts prior to assembly.

IMG_8749.JPG

IMG_8750.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbRZKrvAZ7U

:rotf

IMG_8751.JPG

IMG_8752.JPG

IMG_8753.JPG

IMG_8754.JPG

IMG_8756.JPG

IMG_8757.JPG

Hoping to get the fenders fitted and the exterior primed so I can build and install the tracks. Thanks for checking in. Stay tuned.

:drinks

Tamiya SU-76M UPDATE 10/22/16

AH, the sweet Fall scent of Russian armor! (y) :ro: :dude :drinks :soldier :salute

Thank you, my friends! I really appreciate the feedback. More to come.

What a week it's been! Had to finalize all the details for the sale of my mother's home from 1000 miles away on top of my 6 day long work week and two doctor appointments. :huh: Needles to say, I didn't get as far this week as I'd planned and now I'm scrambling to finish. Here's where I am today.

Tools are painted, need a bit of touch up. The saw was painted with flat black, then a dab of AK Dark Steel pigment was rubbed on to simulate use.
Before:

IMG_8758.JPG

After:

IMG_8760.JPG

The real thing:

s-l1000.jpg

After looking at it on the monitor, I need more shine toward the brackets. Will correct that.

Last weekend, I added weld beads from Archer Fine Transfers but did not post any photos.

IMG_8762.JPG

IMG_8763.JPG

There's a short learning curve to using these beads, be sure to watch the tutorial at Archer's site before using them.

Fenders are dry fitted, I wanted to leave them loose to fit the tracks, but needed to locate the braces.

IMG_8761.JPG

That's about all for now, waiting on stuff to dry before pressing on. Luckily, I have the next two days off, might make it yet. :frantic :frantic

Thanks for checking in.

Tamiya SU-76M Still Scrambling

:ro: (y) :salute The weld beads are COOL!! :zen for the elephant you consumed this week!! :salute :eek:ldguy :pilot

Tamiya SU-76M Still Scrambling

Many thanks to all! I need some help!! I can't find a good color reference on the part C14 as highlighted below.

IMG_8764.JPG

I am pretty certain it is a ranging pole, some have treated it as a gun cleaning rod, but that spike on the bottom says ranging pole. Thoughts?? :frantic

Back