• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Hanomag Sdkfz251 : Thanks & Over and out!

Tamiya Hanomag Sdkfz251 Decals & Camo

Thanks Mike!

Not ready to throw the towel in yet! :laugh: :soldier :soldier

Cheers,

Bill

Maybe it's best to have some inconsistency in some things. :popcorn

Man that look really nice! Before you painted the camo and all, When it wa just in the yellow, what did you do to get that washed out look on some of the panels?

Man that look really nice! Before you painted the camo and all, When it wa just in the yellow, what did you do to get that washed out look on some of the panels?

Hello Brb,
The short answer is "color modulation" which is just the current rage term for lightening (or darkening :idonno ) the base color. In my case, I just added a lighter color (white or a tan) to the base color and sprayed that in those areas that you can see appear lighter. I used a fast mask in the form of "post-it" notes to mask off areas where I didn't want the lighter color (such as the engine covers in the second photo). You get it.

Check out this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGP5jMRhjl0

At around 6:50. This shows this technique. (DISCLAIMER: I don't know who this is, nor did I watch the whole video so don't blame me). Again, I.m sure you get the idea.

That's all there is to it. Have at it. :good:

Thanks for checking in.

Bill

I'll be dang...I haven't see that before, black and white modulation. :hmmm

Thanks, Luiz! (y)
Thanks, Sherm! :v
Thanks Gator! :good:

I had already done a filter and pin wash when I got all fired up to do some fading after watching Adam Wilder's video series on Youtube. I applied white, tan, and yellow oils and blended them in with odorless turpinoid. I used some burt umber oil around edges and blended that in like a pin-wash.

The tools got painted with vallejo acrylics. Headlight slits were done with decals (capital "I" . I think from the decal spare sheets).

Next step some light and dark scratches. ... Und der gunner figurer, ya. :salute

Thanks for looking.

Hanomag_30.jpg

Hanomag_31.jpg

Hanomag_32.jpg

Hanomag_34.jpg

Haven't seen a good ol' dot filter done in a while. Great job Bill! :popcorn

Tamiya Hanomag Sdkfz251 Fading effects, tools

Thanks Bob!
Thanks Terry!

The kit comes with five figures. I'm just going to use the gunner .
The details (straps, etc. )are a bit oversize, but it makes it easier to paint. :)
The breadbag, gasmask, etc. are accessories from misc. Dragon kits.
He will get a wash and some mud on his boots. He needed a riser block under his front foot to get the gun level.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Bill

Hanomag_gunner_1.jpg

Hanomag_gunner_2.jpg

Tamiya Hanomag Sdkfz251 - Figure

That looks amazing. Great job with the dot filter. I swear by using them expecially on a tan base vehicle. The old school tech is still some of the best.

Tamiya Hanomag Sdkfz251 - Figure

Hey Bill,

I came in on the end of this one but, you're doing a great job!

I like it all! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Back