• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Hanomag Sdkfz251 : Thanks & Over and out!

Tamiya Hanomag Sdkfz251 - Figure

Thanks ausf!
Thanks 135engineer! :eek:hyeah
Thanks Iron Mike! Back at ya. :drinks
Thanks James! :snoopy :snoopy :snoopy
Thank you Andy! It's (he's) a work in progress. :notworthy
Thank You very much, Bob Sr.! :notworthy + :notworthy + :notworthy

Tracks!
I was pleased to see a post from fellow MA builder (Mr. iambrb ) requesting band type (perhaps Tamiya) tracks for his halftrack. Well, the timing was perfect and we swapped via USPS and I am the new owner of (it looks like) 2 sets of DML tracks. Thanks My friend! Some assembly required. :eek:hmy: (y)

I put together a assembly board (I have one somewhere, but could not find it after a cursory SAR mission). For anyone who hasn't done this before, you have to assemble these with the drive spur/horn down, so you need a jig with a groove to accommodate the spur. Sorted. Bam!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Bill

Set One: Tagged-bagged- ready to go!

Hanomag_track_2.jpg

These were on sprus. and needed to be cut off (2 album sides time max : +/- 50 min.). This set has more detail (the little holes in the flat spades) and will be the ones that I will use. Lots of opti-visor and tweezer time (and flipping over vinyl records). Love it all!

Hanomag_track_1.jpg

Spot the helmet and win bragging rights

Tamiya Hanomag Sdkfz251 - Tracks

I see the helmet, what do I win?

Glad I didn't swap him, I know you'll do a better job on them then I will. :popcorn

The track jig will make assembly loads easier, if you're careful, the tracks will actually work.

Spot the helmet, win a free year's subscription to MA!

:drinks

Thanks ausf!
Thanks 135engineer! :eek:hyeah
Thanks Iron Mike! Back at ya. :drinks
Thanks James! :snoopy :snoopy :snoopy
Thank you Andy! It's (he's) a work in progress. :notworthy
Thank You very much, Bob Sr.! :notworthy + :notworthy + :notworthy

Tracks!
I was pleased to see a post from fellow MA builder (Mr. iambrb ) requesting band type (perhaps Tamiya) tracks for his halftrack. Well, the timing was perfect and we swapped via USPS and I am the new owner of (it looks like) 2 sets of DML tracks. Thanks My friend! Some assembly required. :eek:hmy: (y)

I put together a assembly board (I have one somewhere, but could not find it after a cursory SAR mission). For anyone who hasn't done this before, you have to assemble these with the drive spur/horn down, so you need a jig with a groove to accommodate the spur. Sorted. Bam!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Bill

Set One: Tagged-bagged- ready to go!

Hanomag_track_2.jpg

These were on sprus. and needed to be cut off (2 album sides time max : +/- 50 min.). This set has more detail (the little holes in the flat spades) and will be the ones that I will use. Lots of opti-visor and tweezer time (and flipping over vinyl records). Love it all!

Hanomag_track_1.jpg

Spot the helmet and win bragging rights

Boy, I sure am glad you like those things! They reminded me of Jogging....looked like a little too much effort for me B)

I have mine now too, our rural USPS lady had to require a 2nd call to deliver, but I am hoping to get to them soon!

OH - PS - I am not a MR., but thanks all the same. the 'brb' part of my moniker would be my initials (I-am-brb), so let's go with that!

Nice work.

A bit of work to do on the tracks although I do like how they are separate links .
A little time consuming but well worth the effort .

Michael

Great work Bill, yes the Magic tracks are a pain, but they do look great when finished :soldier

Thanks Luiz!
Thanks Bob!
Thanks gator!

The track jig will make assembly loads easier, if you're careful, the tracks will actually work. ...

Thanks Mike! I have one run assembled with only one or two stiff ones. All good.
Thanks James!
Thanks brb! I was just keeping your alter ego on the hush hush. :good:
Thanks Mike W. !
Thanks Swordsman!
Thanks, Luiz!

So no modeling this weekend. I am on a short holiday to San Diego. I got to take a tour of the aircraft carrier Midway. (Commissioned one week after VJ Day). Some nice static displays and restored WW2 planes on the hanger deck.
There were a variety of modern jets on the flight deck. I'll try to post a photo when I get back.

Cheers,

Bill

Tamiya Hanomag Sdkfz251 - Just thanks/ no progress

Thanks Mike. Check this out.

The two runs of tracks got assembled and were given a couple of light coats of Tamiya "fine" surface primer (white)
Next some light coats of a grey-brown and highlights.

Thanks for looking, :eek:hyeah

Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbei_4_800Q&feature=youtu.be

v286

Tamiya Hanomag Sdkfz251 - Just thanks/ no progress

Thanks Mike. Check this out.

The two runs of tracks got assembled and were given a couple of light coats of Tamiya "fine" surface primer (white)
Next some light coats of a grey-brown and highlights.

Thanks for looking, :eek:hyeah

Bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbei_4_800Q&feature=youtu.be

v286[/quote

NEAT!!! cAN i GET THEM BACK?

Tamiya Hanomag Sdkfz251 - Just Tracks.

brb wrote ... "NEAT!!! cAN i GET THEM BACK?"...

Nope! A deal is a deal. Sorry ... :( :eek:hmy: :laugh:

What is funny is that I found that the "quick tracks" or "magic track", or whatever they call them (the ones already in the bags) are (nearly IMHO) impossible to assemble without glueing them solid. ( It's just a function of how both sets are molded. :idonno )

Thanks for the swap! (I think). :hmmm :laugh:

Happy and respectful Veteran's Day to all!

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks, Mike!
Thanks brb!
Thanks, Luiz!

Some light and dark scratches and splatter effects with enamels.
Next, some mud and dust effects.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Bill

Hanomag_30~0.jpg
Hanomag_31~0.jpg

Hanomag_32~0.jpg

Hanomag_34~0.jpg

v313

Man, that has really got depth! Nicely done, sir! :drinks

Tamiya Hanomag Sdkfz251 - scratches.

Thanks Mike!

Parts of it I like, some of it looks over-done. It's all a grand experiment and learning process. Thanks for commenting. (y)

Add/edit: The tracks were sprayed with a soup of tamiya acrylics consisting of flat black, brown (X-9), and a smidge of metalic grey (XF-56), and maybe a little German Grey (XF-63), ...I'm not sure. I do this on the fly and I don't take notes. (Doh!) ( I have looked back at some of my models (that I like) and say "Cr@p, how did I do that?). :laugh: The pads were painted grey and highlighted with a lightened grey.

Cheers,

Bill

Back