• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kubel with Cold Weather Starter & then some

Hey Guys ,

Thanx for th kind words !! Much appreciated ! I'm glad y'all are Diggin' it ! I can't wait to start th weathering ....

Thanx again !! :drinks :drinks

:erik

Hey Guys ,

Thanx for th kind words !! Well TONY .... this Dilly is about to get Silly :gogo . I've started to add th Camo ... in preparation for th White Wash !! I've shot th Kubel in Vallejo Dunkelgelb Primer , Highlighted it with a Mix of Model Air's Dark Yellow + German Camo Beige . The Strips/Fields are Model Air Dark Green + German Camo Beige. I also took th time to reshoot th Rims and lookin' at 'em ... the Tyres will get a touch up . I'l do some weathering to this lil' VW before I add th AK Interactive Chipping FX & then Tamiya's White to get a worn White Wash.

The Kubel & crew will be set in th Cherkassy Pocket as part of sSSPz.Abtl 101 . Liebstandarte made a stab at liberating 5 SS Wiking as THe Pocket started to close. Also of note :The Weather conditions - Snow , Rain , Snow , Rain, Snow ..... So th Field will have plenty of Muck as will th Kubel ( I'm sure th Dudes that are hookin' up th Cold Weather Starter are lovin' that ! Lots of wear on th White Wash !! Stay tuned !!

DSC08708.JPG

DSC08709.JPG

DSC08710.JPG

DSC08712.JPG

:erik
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn6S7IJ3i_I&feature=fvwrel

(y) nice little vw! interesting to see the progress of this little workhorse! :popcorn
//Mats

MATS , TONY , & BoB ,

Hey Guys. Thanx for th kind words ! Much appreciated !! I'm gonna dive in on th weathering of this . As I think it would've taken some weathering before th WW was applied & Then weather it again after th WW is applied ... just to try & replicate th Harsh conditions of going from Snow to Rain to Snow to Rain back to Snow again ....

Stay Tuned !!

Well Alrighty then ....

I've started th worn White Wash camo scheme !! This Kubel belongs to th WerStatt Co. of 1s.SS.PZ.Abt. They are on th outside of th Cherkassy Pocket tryin to relieve th 5th SS Wiking !

Now .. This is only th 1st. of what wil become about 3 or so layers of th Worn Camo. As th Reference that I've read denotes that th Weather was a mixed bag of Snow , then Rain , Snow , Rain ,& Snow . SO you can see that th WW would get worn off &then reapplied along with a collection of Mud ... which will come later !

On with th Shooo.....

DSC08734.JPG

I used AK Interactives -Heavy Chipping FX & used Tamiya White , which works a whole lot better than th Vallejo. In th layers I'll also vary th tone of th White .... I first sealed th Kubel with some AlClad Aqua Gloss Clear as a barrier, which is a Must ! I have heard of others using Dulcote, & even Future , so th choice is yours as They say ...

DSC08735.JPG

DSC08736.JPG

The Unit decal is a left over from th Wittmann kit & the Tactical decal is an Archer Dry Transfer it's th symbol for th WerkStatt batt.

DSC08737.JPG

DSC08741.JPG

DSC08743.JPG

DSC08744.JPG

Doors_Kubel_White_Wash_.JPG

Kubel_front_with_White_wash_.JPG

Complete with a Dinged up Fender ....

I'm really knocked out by how easy it is to get these FX !! The Key is to work in Layers !! NAd YOU MUST shoot a Clear Coat over each layer to protect it or otherwise when you go to use the Warm Water to get th W.W. off, you will reactivate th underlying layers.

Well then .... whose ready for a Golden Delicious ... See ya at th Pub !! :erik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTMWaxLCpAs

Wow ! I'm glad to see that everyone's diggin this build ....

Here's th second stage of th White wash

DSC08772.JPG

DSC08776.JPG

DSC08773.JPG

DSC08786.JPG

DSC08775.JPG

DSC08783.JPG

This is th second stage of the White Wash. I also took th time to add some streaking FX - Ak Interactive's Grime for Dk. Yellow vehicles.

DSC08771.JPG

DSC08770.JPG

I also got th Convertible top in on th Fun !! Chippin Fx & Grime streaking !!

Thanx for lookin !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHN6AViJAvI​

Back