• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kubel with Cold Weather Starter & then some

Man,Erik....I totally missed the last updates! :blink :blush:

You are doing a GREAT job on the VolksWagen,for sure!!! (y) (y) (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Yeah ... Lemme Dust this thing off .....

A much needed update of this lil' Beasty ......

DSC08891.JPG

DSC08894.JPG

DSC08897.JPG

I've added th 3rd. stage of the White Wash ! Sealing each layer with AlClad's Aqua Gloss Clear. ( it's super thin & I misted 2 coats on. I much prefer this to Future. It's an Acrylic Resin ( base, as opposed to the Alcohol based other Gloss' & Flats that AlClad offers.) Each successive layer was followed by a seal coat of th Aqua Gloss. Lookin' at it closely .. to Me .. it's added depth ! ? Also adding some of the Winter Streaking , followed by a final layer of Their Nato Rain Marks to aid in th dilapidated White Wash ! Th windows were weathered with some Lacquer Thinner to give that Frosted look.

DSC08892%7E0.JPG

DSC08895.JPG

DSC08896.JPG

I used some "Snow & Ice Fx" mixed with some of AK's Fresh Mud,Dark Earth & Kursk Earth ot form th Ice Klods that gather in th Nether Regions ! I think another layer will be needed once She get's on th base.

You want MUD !? You got it !

DSC08898.JPG

DSC08899_2.JPG

DSC08900.JPG

DSC08902.JPG

Breaking into AK's Heavy Mud weathering set , I added th mud in layers, changing up th colors from Fresh Mud - Kursk Earth. I then went back & finished it off with some Wet Fx. & Dark Earth pigment for added texture.

DSC08903.JPG

DSC08904.JPG

DSC08899.JPG

DSC08905.JPG

All that's left now is to tie up some loose ends , some Figgies & make a Panther wedgie !!

Thanx for lookin' !!

:erik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UPw4f1oN7g

Geez...what a mess, I love it!! Looks like it's been hybernating all winter.

What is the Snow & Ice Fx? Is that an AK product?

Looking good Erik!

Tom

What?...you make models more dirty then I do,Erik?!....Now It's On! :evil: :rotf

But seriously,some people might find this over the top,BUT I DON'T!
Looking muddy,bloody GREAT. (y) (y) (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Hey Everybody ,

Thanx for th kind words !!! Much appreciated !

@- TomN - The Snow & Ice Fx. belong to another company .... I can't say just yet ... but hopefully soon I can release a review & Video on th is Awesome stuff !! It really does put everything you've ever tried to shame. As far as making Ice & Snow !!

RON & ERIK - I could see how some people may say that it's too much ... But look at these real pix from th Rasputsia .... It's real! I know both of you Dig it .... these are what inspired Me to get Her real Dirty. Plus .. If any one has ever owned a Bug & taken it through Mud .... It can really kick up th Mud !! \m/

KSK_34_1_.jpeg

Mud_001.jpeg

German-truck-bogged-outside-Moscow.jpeg

wwii-zundapp-691x570.jpeg

Bessarabia-Ukraine-Crimea-237.jpeg

car_stuck_girls_bmw_mud006.jpeg

dispatch.jpeg

marder-i-spg-in-russian-mud.jpeg

MOONIE- Thanx Brotha' !! :D

And ... Just because I'm puttin Mud on it doesn't mean that I've hidden any defects in th paint or th kit .... as You can see th previous pix !! ( jus saying to those that think it's too much & would ding it in a contest.) :vmad

:erik

Erik,

Looks fabulous!

There's only one organization that would ding it in a contest and we all know who that is. To say something positive and to be fair, they are the best there is at counting rivets though, I'll give them that!

Great job! (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

B)
Great job on the Kubel wagon Erik.
The worn winter cammo is spot on.
I have found some photos of panthers for you from the pocket area.
The first is a very rare one from the kowel railway station. Sorry but some of the quality is not great - I just hope that I have the right area - early 44 Kowel / cherkassy?.

regards Ian

Back