• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/48 P-47D Bubble Top Finished!!!!!

Phil

Started this one a few days ago,will be done as the box art, WZ-P

comes with a jeep, 9 figures and equipment.

This is going on a 350x350cm board

And here we go....

DSC_0656s.jpg~original

base colours and started the detail painting, got a new LED globe, 9w=60watt old scale, this thing is BRIGHT!!
6500 K daylight

DSC_1373ip.jpg~original

Finished the pit area, last open pics before I close it up.

I used Tamiya A/S12 silver as my base coat, scratched some interior green off, detail painted everything, used Mig dark wash sparingly, flatcoated, then drybrushed aluminum on certain area's.

IP - used Tamiya decal with Future under and over, let fully cure, then rolled tiny blu tac balls and covered each dial, flatcoated the IP, removed blu tac, detail painted the switches etc.

I got a very light lift on two small areas but can live with that.

DSC_1376p.jpg~original

DSC_1384p.jpg~original

Tamiya 1/48 P-47D Bubble Top - A dio in a box !

Very very nice. I like the weathering too. What an interesting kit though, to include a jeep and troops. Wish it had been around when I was doing 1/48th. Cant wait to see how this turns out.
:popcorn
James

That kit looks sweet Phil, great start, sure this will be a gem.

Ummmm ...where did you get Future from? Think I saw some posts of yours on another site from a while ago about Pledge On - impossible to find :vmad :vmad :vmad

Phil you look like you're having fun with this one, Pit looks great :pilot

Thank you all good frioends! yes having fun with this great Tamiya kit, really enjoying this build

Ummmm ...where did you get Future from? Think I saw some posts of yours on another site from a while ago about Pledge On - impossible to find :vmad :vmad :vmad

received two bottles of Future from a very good friend in the USA - want to send a high priced kit to this person for his very generous gift of this product, friends like this are very hard to find in this world !!

Thanks Adam!!!! just let me know what kit really ! you want to build and it's yours bub!!

again!

Laurence grab a bottle of AlcladII Aqua Clear Gloss. Works the same as Future. :good:

Great job on the cockpit...the photos look cool...love this light :good:

Best!

Luiz.

Laurence grab a bottle of AlcladII Aqua Clear Gloss. Works the same as Future. :good:

Thanks for the tip mate, will try that option :good:

Long overdue update,

base silver, Tamiya rattle A/S 12 with selected areas masked, wing stripes done, will be using the decals for the fuselage ones cause I couldn't get the cockamamie angles and half moon curves right that go under the U.S. fuselage star.
DSC_1469a.jpg~original

Anti glare strips done, and masked over.
DSC_1470a.jpg~original

again selected panels and access points masked to retain the base A/S 12 bare metal silver
DSC_1473a.jpg~original

The box of bits
DSC_1475a.jpg~original

DSC_1481b.jpg~original

2nd round of silver Tamiya rattle T/S 17 gloss Aluminum
DSC_1480b.jpg~original

DSC_1478a.jpg~original

DSC_1482a.jpg~original

DSC_1483a.jpg~original

DSC_1484a.jpg~original

Will leave this alone for a good three days to let that Gloss T/S 17 fully dry and harden before more masking of more selected panels.

Next will be Mr Metal Aluminum

For God sakes be careful pulling that mask off! (I have bad experience in that...:mpup)

:popcorn

Looking good Phil :pilot

No worries Bob, Tamiya rattles are tough as!

Mr Metal paint on polished and sealed, masks still on while the sealer hardens

DSC_1485x1a.jpg~original

DSC_1486x1a.jpg~original

DSC_1490x1a.jpg~original

Masks off
DSC_1492x1.jpg~original

DSC_1493x1.jpg~original

DSC_1495x1.jpg~original

DSC_1498x1.jpg~original

DSC_1500x1.jpg~original

DSC_1501x1.jpg~original

more a bit later.

Wax on - Wax off ! :)

That sure is looking nice Phil . I agree , Tamiya rattle cans are the cat's meow :drinks

But Mr metal should be a Gunze product :idonno

What are you polishing the paint with ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Very pretty!!

Terry (y)

Back