• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Takom WWI MarkIV - Thanks!

Takom WWI Heavy Battle Tank MarkIV - side turrets/

Thanks, ausf!
Thanks, Mike! Nice job on the Stugg.

Well, the swag arrive in the mail (all the way from Poland - How cool is that?), and within the estimated time frame. Bam!
Ok, time to kick this thing back into production.
Thanks for your patience. Stay tuned .......

Cheers,

Bill

h33c4ecb.jpg

Takom WWI Heavy Battle Tank MarkIV - guns!

Mike, mike mike , mike, mike, ..mike... ...What day is it Mike? (That still cracks me up. )...Sorry ... :blush:

THANKS, Skinny Mike!
THANKS, Iron Mike!

Ok, So the Bren guns were glued up with some epoxy at the same time, the barrels were installed on the cannons.

The second picture is one more slam or jab at Emhar and their crappy offering.

Thanks for checking in! We are rolling now!

Cheers,

Bill

hffddec5.JPG

hb43e817.JPG

Takom WWI MarkIV - guns get "prepped"!

Here's another Mike saying this is splendid work!!

Takom WWI MarkIV - guns get "prepped"!

Thanks, Swordsman!
Bob!
Thanks, Jeeves/Mike. Too kind.
Thanks emoji minders.

Over all I think this a great kit. It was not the cleanest build on my part, but I think it will paint up well. Lots of real estate on this one.
The brass machine gun barrels are heavy, and the ball swivews are a little loose in their mounts, so they are a bit floppy at this point. They should stiffen up with a little paint (not too much). The forward facing gun was already glued in whenI decided to order the Arber bits.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Bill

h39047f4.JPG

h37d5312.JPG

h1ef50ee.JPG

Takom WWI MarkIV - assembled & ready for paint!

Rivets! I love rivets.

(y)

Takom WWI MarkIV - assembled & ready for paint!

Thanks all for the nice comments, continued support, and your patience!

Primered

IMG_4127.jpg

Undercoated with a brown black combo.

IMG_4129.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

Main color coat of Tamiya Khaki (XF-49) was sprayed over AK chipping effects fluid (like the "hairspray" technique), and some of the paint was removed by scratching and scrubbing with a stiff paint brush.

IMG_4152.jpg

IMG_4155.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Bill

v230

Back