• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Takom WWI MarkIV - Thanks!

Takom WWI MarkIV - assembled & ready for paint!

That looks pretty good! I really like the colors and the scuffing. (y)

Takom WWI MarkIV - Paint shop!

Thanks, Luiz!
Thanks, Bob!
Thanks, Ian!

No decals for the white/red markings. {I wouldn't have used them anyway, so ….} Mask & Paint!
KInd of a pain in the tail masking around all of the detail and rivets. This thing is not what you could remotely call "aerodynamic". :laugh:

I used some more of the AK chipping fluid before the r/w paint. Some creep under the tape. :idonno

Thanks for looking. (y)

Cheers,

Bill

mk4-1.jpg

mk4-2.jpg

IMG_4168.jpg

v249

Takom WWI MarkIV - Paint shop 2: Markings

That chipping affect is amazing! Is that color a mix of the hull red and brown?

Really nice work Bill! :good:

Takom WWI MarkIV - Paint shop!

Thanks, Luiz!
Thanks, Bob!
Thanks, Ian!

No decals for the white/red markings. {I wouldn't have used them anyway, so ….} Mask & Paint!
KInd of a pain in the tail masking around all of the detail and rivets. This thing is not what you could remotely call "aerodynamic". :laugh:

I used some more of the AK chipping fluid before the r/w paint. Some creep under the tape. :idonno

Thanks for looking. (y)

Cheers,

Bill

mk4-1.jpg

mk4-2.jpg

IMG_4168.jpg

v249

Looks pretty sharp to me Bill. (y)

Thanks, Ian!
Thanks, iMike,

That chipping affect is amazing! Is that color a mix of the hull red and brown?

Really nice work Bill! :good:
Thanks, Mike! The undercoat is the hull red and flat black.

Thanks, James!
Thanks, Bob!
Thanks, Luiz!
Thanks, Dr. S!

As a disclaimer, acknowledgment and gerenral "I'm not worthy" bowdown, I want to admit that I am unashamedly following John Tolcher's outstanding SBS that he did on the Emhar model. He turned that lump of coal into a diamond, and shared his work along the way. I first saw in in T&T, and later found it here in MSC.

http://modelerssocialclub.proboards.com/thread/3362/british-mark-tank-first-world?page=3

Thanks again John for sharing with us. Cheers!

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Bill

Looking good!! Is that the type of tank with an added turret used in the "Indiana Jones Last Crusade", movie? Gary S.

Looking good!! Is that the type of tank with an added turret used in the "Indiana Jones Last Crusade", movie? Gary S.

I had to look that one up, and ended up watching the whole scene on You-tube. Thanks!
So, I think the answer is no. I guess the one in the movies is a Mark7. Probably of the same time vintage, but not one I have seen pictures of in action in WW1.

I think that "they" (movie types) fabricated a Mark4 copy for the movie "War horse" out of a modern tractor or earth mover.I think it was only in the movie for a few seconds. Look that one up if you are curious. :idonno

Thanks for commenting!

Tic tock,

Bill

I clear coated with future to seal everything, and then applied the limited decals. I the used the AK chipping fluid again as an undercoat for a dirt spray on the lower sections of the hull. I would have preferred a little less contrast (too clean above, and too dirty below), but live and learn. Pin wash of oil and enamel brown and black.

I need to wrap this up. I think I might make it before midnight. :soldier :soldier :soldier

Cheers,

Bill

IMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4193.jpg

WOW but this is nice. Love everything about it (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Back