• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Su-27 1/48th scale by Academy Flanker B

Old school question. Does the nose droop allow better visibility during Carrier approaches? Could be advantageous for land operations as well? Some Russian engineer knows for sure.

I'm no Russian engineer but I do know for sure that this tall aircraft (the Sukhoi design), with its stance, required the 'drooped' nose in order to see the tarmac ahead. MiG designs didn't require this droop.

As for carrier ops, it is needed even more in order to land.

Regards,

100_6578.JPG
100_6597.JPG

Didn't like the dark shade of the gray. Repainted it this AM. Posting before and after pics. It looks better to me. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

I remember see these at an airshow here years ago doing their Cobra trick. Pretty useless but also pretty spectacular :) The aircraft that really impressed was the Typhoon doing a very slow approach then going full thrust. the instant acceleration was like a speeded up film. Quite amazing.

100_6668.JPG
100_6670.JPG
100_6670.JPG

Brush painted the engine section silver over a flat black base coat and enhanced with blue and black oils. The silver was polished with a paper napkin before the oils were applied. Entire model was then given 2 coats of Future. Thanks, Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

100_6750.JPG
100_6751.JPG
100_6753.JPG

MAJOR FAIL on the shark decals. Even after giving a light coat of decal spray. The upper head decal only tore a little with no spray. Just neede a little touch up paint. Then today the shark mouth and body just came apart. Got most all of it off with only a small amount of touching up to do yet again. Will give the rest of the decals another coat of decal spray. "08" will be done in "before the shark". Gary S. #46 MASA

I have come to avoid the big complex decals. It seems they always give grief and trouble. Glad you were able to fall back, remove the FUBAR, fix it and punt.

The only good thing is, you always learn more from the problems than if it just goes through smoothly.

Mech Thumb up.jpg

Back