• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Su-27 1/48th scale by Academy Flanker B

That is one nice beast Gary, well done. I used to like big shiny decals but had my share of FUBARs so I am more into delicate subtle decalling now.

Great job!

Cheers

Alex

100_6845.JPG

I'm trying to make the best use of my airbrush time and do multiple paint jobs at one sitting. Like when my wife goes for a hair cut. So last Wed. the flat coat was applied. I think I'm going to stay with this finish and not do the white dry brush panel line thing I usually do. I like the way it looks now, plus there's a lot of panel lines on this bird and I think it would look too busy and it will be done that much sooner. With building a F-106 and an A6M2 at the same time my focus and "what do I do next?" taxes my brain. When the canopy was unmasked a boo boo was found and needs some touching up. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

100_6861.JPG
100_6862.JPG

I had to come up with a way to show the canopy open because the kit offered no attaching parts. After looking at photos, I decided to make the hydraulic lift from the unused airbrake and to glue to the underside of the canopy 2 pin nails. After lining up the nails I drilled 2 small holes and vola!! It worked. The rest of the antennas and sensor were flued on also. Hopefully I'll get a chance to take the beauty shots and post them.
Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Looking good :)
I would be interested to look at one of these Russian aircraft close up ? when i was in engineering we bought a russian verticle and horizontal Mill that looked the buisness in the pictures and spec but when it arrived it was the crudest bit of engineering you could imagine.

Thanks MP. As far as to the missiles go, I just went by the instructions. What do I know? Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Back