• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Su-2 in 1/48 goes down in flames !

I already have that one Christian and I'm not into sharing when it comes to chocolate :evil: .

The Special Hobby kit comes with the usual SH fit issues but with virtually no panel lines there won't be much to repair after filling and sanding. The kit itself is basic simplicity as was the real thing. The only PE is the seat harness and the only kit supplied resin parts are the exhaust stacks and gun sight parts. Of course I couldn't totally go the easy route so I have the Vector resin engine that mostly hides behind the cowl but I love building their engine kits and it comes with a replacement cowl that looks much better than the kit supplied one.

Well, what's not to like about an LA 5 or LA 7 :good: Does it come with Russian black tea ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Really sorry to see that kit do the meltie Gary. :unsure: I was looking forward to seeing what the finished plane looked like.

I like the looks of the other kits too. The La-7 has always caught my eye with the color scheme and lines of the aircraft.

Nothing at all wrong with the La5 or 7 but it all comes down to time. I still have one kit that needs to be finished this month and two that need to be done by the end of next month. I just think I would be pushing to finish either of the La kits in the prescribed time frame. The other issue is that the last couple months of this campaign laps over onto the warm weather months and once they arrive my bench time drops drastically although the way the weather has been, spring seems a long time away.

Late on the scene....that really sucks Gary. This was shaping up to a fantastic build too!

That must have been some heat coming from that lamp. I do have a couple Zvezda kits and i noticed the plastic seemed softer than other kits, I wonder if that was the cause??

It looked great from what you had accomplished!

Yep, I'm chalking it up to soft plastic as the lamp was no closer than I have used on other kits with no problems. Other than that it was a great kit that fit together well.

Back