• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Star Command Wasp FRS.1

RichB

This (hopefully) quick project will use the 1:72 Pegasus Apollo 27 as a base.

Start~4.JPG

It is styled after the spaceships seen on TV and in movies in the 1960's. With any luck, I'll convert it to a 1:48 single seat craft. At that scale its about the size of an F-16.

Its off to the spares bin to find some spaceship parts.

Cheers,
Rich

Started work on converting the cockpit. The "easy chairs" and astronauts were consigned to the parts bin. The floor was cutout to fit the new seat, an aft bulkhead installed and the side walls lined with sheet stock . A left over F-4 rear instrument panel was trimmed to fit. Side consoles were added from stock strip. The glare shield was made from epoxy putty.

Ckpt_1.JPG

Ckpt_2.JPG

The seat was also from an F-4 with foil straps added.

Ckpt_3.JPG

And what it will look like thru the canopy.

Ckpt_4.JPG

Ckpt_5.JPG

Hopefully some paint on tomorrow.

Cheers,
Rich

Another last minute arrival to the Galaxy GB! :good:

Looks like a fun little project. And here I was wondering if I was going too far by adding a couple little bits and fabbing a new control stick. Nah, you just up and fab an entire cockpit! :laugh:

:drinks

Cockpit was looking a bit spartan, so I added a switch panel and monitor to the side walls to busy it up.

Ckpt_6.JPG

Ckpt_7.JPG

Ckpt_8.JPG

Ckpt_9.JPG

Cheers,
Rich

Back