• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

So, what do you do for a living?

Bare bones doesn't even describe it! Channeling Rod Serling) Imagine if you will a teacher confronted by twice the normal number of 9th grade students. In a room designed for 30 students you have 45-50, insufficient textbooks for them to read and none to send home...

A friend of mine is teaching between 50 & 67 students per class... 6 classes a day...

In Cleveland it mostly comes down to School Admin vs Union... and neither side is moving... so the kids suffer as Cleveland becomes "America's Premier School System."

They are predicting another 300 layoffs for next year...

Damn - I thought crap like this only happened in third world Banana Republics in Africa!!!

Geoff

That is insane...we have an upper limit of 27 for now...There are safety issues in science labs if we were ever to have that many kids in a class...but who knows? Even the Shadow is out of the loop...

Barney I bet there's been no cuts in the Administration of those school.

Our local district doesn't even cover our entire county and we have 5 superintendents covering just 16 schools, they all make over 6 figures. In Greenwood SC a public servant doesn't need to make 6 figures to live comfortably.

Trim out 3 superintendents and you have money to pay for 6-8 teachers. BTW, I have to buy my wife's school supplies for the classroom. District will not cover basic supplies but the Superintendents get a travel allotment each month...

:eek:ff the stump

That's what my wife teaches Kenny, if they do that here, sell the car and stay at home take care of the dogs. Long run it would probably save me money.

Yup, toss the special needs kids into the regular classrooms, without assistance and then yell at the teachers for not meeting their IEPs... been there... I had a girl 4 years ago, in a wheelchair, but she couldn't get in the classroom... and she never showed for class... the teacher parent meeting were not pretty... that is why I had a union rep and a lawyer present.

I'm going to throw in here since some of you know me already and some of you don't.

I'm a stagehand/scenery builder. I got my start many years ago in New York City, building sets for Broadway Shows, TV, and some movies.

I am now in Southwest Virginia where for the past 23 years I've been at a small professional theatre co. still doing the set building thing.

So there you have it.....and I try to stick some plastic together now and then.

I really wish you could find those pictures for the elevator set and the chair you build, massively cool 1:1 stuff!

Hey! I found the elevator pics.....

image002.jpg

image001.jpg

Thanks Ron! I needed that!

Iron Mike, That's all mine, the only help I got was a "when is this gonna be finished?" every other day.

Very cool! B)

I did some little theater stuff when I was younger and cannot imagine anyone trying to rush set/prop construction ;)

The most exotic thing I do is :java , then I wander around all day filling reefer tanks(now every day), just doin my part for the environment :D .

Chuk's
sSig_number1.gif

Well, my job isn't so cool like Chuck's and that insane thing of DC parallel universe...
but, it's what I do.
I work on the "sewage treatment system" (A attempt of translation), for the local State Company.
I work in a Station of sewage treatment, sometimes I fell close of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
tartarugas1.jpg

literally my work is Shit! :woohoo: and stinck too

and while i try join the police forces...

Let's pray and study for now.. :ro:

Back