• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

So, what do you do for a living?

I delivered pizzas for five years too. The car I had for 18 years had 697,000 miles on it before it gave up the ghost, partly because of all that delivery. I also worked in a hobby shop for a few years too, and built haunted mazes for Knott's Berry Farm's Halloween Haunt. Did that for ten years. B) Best job I ever had!

Well after 32 years I may be hanging up the pistol for good. I was made aware of a job opening for a civilian intelligence analyist at a local PD. I interviewed and was told I was over qualified, but they needed my experience. That's a first for me, plus the pay is the same and the bennies are better.

G

Let's see ... after high school, I assembled computers. After that gig, I went to work at the local govt doing IT support. A cross country relocation, and some 15 years of writing software for a number of companies, I've ended up doing Software Asset Management and software license compliance at Symantec.

Guess I could be summed up as a geek.

- Mika

Well Used to be a team leader on a swat team for a few years. Got feed up with that and now Im a firefighter been doing it for a few years now and love it. Nothing better than seeing a little kid waving at you as you drive by. :v

Hey Fireman, thank you for your service. I got a Brother in Law who is chief of our local city fire dept and a nephew (BiL son) who is paramedic.

Well Used to be a team leader on a swat team for a few years. Got feed up with that and now Im a firefighter been doing it for a few years now and love it. Nothing better than seeing a little kid waving at you as you drive by. :v
God bless the firefighters.

God bless the firefighters.

When I worked Bomb and Arson I got to know quite a few firefighters. They were as nutts as I was. :woohoo:

G

Started out joining the South African Air Force straight from school, ended up as a Flight Engineer on Westland Wasp and then Areospatial Allouette Choppers. Did 4 years in Anti-submarine Warfare and Air-Sea rescue - that took care of the first 7 years. Then went into the private sector and spent the next 20 years in various industrial Instrumentation companies in middle management sales and Marketing. Four years ago I started my own Import/Distribution company and we import, install and distribute Thermal Insulation products from the US, Airless spraying equipment and thermal fabrics from Chuina, chemical detergents from the UK and about two years ago I started putting together a small hobby supply company which has been stopping and starting. As of this month, however I have decided to put some real effort into the hobby company and so far it looks like I have secured the exclusive distribution rights in South Africa for
1) Vallejo hobby paints and pigments from Spain
2) Harder and Steenbeck airbrush company in Germany

Have just approached Eduard, Lion Roar, Classic Airframes and a bunch of others.

Geoff

I started putting together a small hobby supply company which has been stopping and starting. As of this month, however I have decided to put some real effort into the hobby company and so far it looks like I have secured the exclusive distribution rights in South Africa for

Have just approached Eduard, Lion Roar, Classic Airframes and a bunch of others.

PM me with your company details so I can make more introductions.

Regards,

I started putting together a small hobby supply company which has been stopping and starting. As of this month, however I have decided to put some real effort into the hobby company and so far it looks like I have secured the exclusive distribution rights in South Africa for

Regards,

This is very nice- good luck to you guys! In the late 80's I started a comics shop with a friend, we didn't last but it was fun. Although i would rather have the stock i lost instead of the experience. Send me your store's link ect. CR

In about 3 hours, nothing. Life sucks lemons sometimes.

We got a saying here in the Netherlands: Achter de wolken schijnt de zon.
Translated: Behind the clouds the sun shines.
With other words;after bad things,good things WILL happen!

I am hoping the best for you,James! :drinks

Greetings,Ron.

Regards,

This is very nice- good luck to you guys! In the late 80's I started a comics shop with a friend, we didn't last but it was fun. Although i would rather have the stock i lost instead of the experience. Send me your store's link ect. CR

Will do as soon as everything is up and running and registered.

Well, I was a school teacher... however, budget cuts came and I am 350 of my closest friends were permanently laid off. The Board of Education gets to "balance" their budget and the class sizes jump to 45 -50 kids per classroom...

Retired USAFR

Looking for work.

That sucks Barney...we have endured quite a bit and are at our limit here...not sure how they are going to balance any further budgets as we are bare bones on staff as it is...only in NY...

Bare bones doesn't even describe it! Channeling Rod Serling) Imagine if you will a teacher confronted by twice the normal number of 9th grade students. In a room designed for 30 students you have 45-50, insufficient textbooks for them to read and none to send home...

A friend of mine is teaching between 50 & 67 students per class... 6 classes a day...

In Cleveland it mostly comes down to School Admin vs Union... and neither side is moving... so the kids suffer as Cleveland becomes "America's Premier School System."

They are predicting another 300 layoffs for next year...

Back