• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

So, what do you do for a living?

Damn Chuck is that a Power suit Lex Luther? Or just you in an power suit (Need the beard dude)? :evil:

Whoa....that was sweet! My son really is into the DC Comics stuff...just like his dad was... ;)

I currently work as a statistical programmer for a pharmaceutical CRO in the pharmacokinetics field. I use a programming language called SAS to collate data from medical studies and put it in a usable form for the analyst, who is then able to determine what the drug does to the body and what the body does to the drug. In a nutshell, when you take 500mg of Tylenol for your headache, the work I do helps determine that amount of medication.

I bet you think you're smart....you'd be right...

:D :drinks

Chuck still wins. :mpup

BTW, less Batman, more Wonderwoman!! (y) (y) :D

I currently work as a statistical programmer for a pharmaceutical CRO in the pharmacokinetics field. I use a programming language called SAS to collate data from medical studies and put it in a usable form for the analyst, who is then able to determine what the drug does to the body and what the body does to the drug. In a nutshell, when you take 500mg of Tylenol for your headache, the work I do helps determine that amount of medication.

Ummm, yeah, I had to read that twice. :blink kaleu's smart, real smart :laugh:
Chuck still wins though. :notworthy

G

By day I work as a business consultant, predominantly in business analyst or process analyst roles. By night I'm a swashbuckling epee-ist :fencing

Ummm, yeah, I had to read that twice. :blink kaleu's smart, real smart :laugh:
Chuck still wins though. :notworthy

G

I definitely think Chuck wins...

well sure Chuck wins

and if not, put the blame on me ... I'm used to it :) I work as a project manager for public safety

I'm a plumber-right now an unemployed plumber, but at least I'm in one of the survival crafts- lol. My time off has given me a chance to catch up with the quiet science of model building,after a 10 year break it's refreshing.

I am the Senior Buyer for a company that makes wipes and cleaning products used in the medical and instrument/cleanroom cleaning industry. That mumbo-jumbo means that if you use anything that injects you or have been cut one by a surgeon, our products protected you......unless you got sick.

Also means, as Senior Buyer, that I am to blame for literally everything that happens, and I get gnawed on daily, with periodic major chewings.I work absolutely constantly and have not been able to post on here for some months, but I think I might get back into it a bit, al-be-it slowly

I work in the agriculture industry. Specifically, my company manufactures airblast sprayers for the orchard and vineyard sectors. I am involved in every aspect of these sprayers from development to manufacturing to distribution to sales. We also import equipment from The Netherlands and Brazil. Our biggest focus lately has been the development of directed spray applications to minimize pesticide drift into neighboring communities and water supplies. Anyways, if your fruit isn't diseased or wormy chances are it's because of our equipment or someone's like ours. :D

These are some cool jobs here. Makes me feel grossly unedjimicated.

I'm a simple handyman carpenter who repairs termite and water damage to homes, and any other odd-jobs that need fixing. Being self employed means I have a ton of time sometimes, and no time other times. I don't get paid till I get a call for a job; that's about the only drawback. It is great getting those big payday jobs though; too bad they don't come more fast and furious!

Got informed today at work that we only going to work monday and tuesday for a while, due to that we don't have enough work, well i guess that means more time for modelling!! (y)
//Mats

Got informed today at work that we only going to work monday and tuesday for a while, due to that we don't have enough work, well i guess that means more time for modelling!! (y)
//Mats

Sorry to hear that Mats, but good that youve got a plan :) Hope it all works out for you.
James

Thanks James :) It's only temporary and the money is no problem, i get from the union for the days i don't work so it's ok.
Soon we have more than we can handle i guess! :D

I've had a few jobs growing up, greens keeper, cashier and pizza delivery. My dad was a sign painter, so I've done just about everything that you can do in a sign shop, hand letter, silk screen, vehicle graphics billboards... I've got a degree in art education and taught elementary and high school art. I've also got a degree in graphic design. Currently I am the commercial artist and department head for the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury's Creative Services Department. A parish is the same as a county for those outside Louisiana. And finally, I am the sole employee of Gator's Masks and More, a quaint little online company created seven years ago to help offset the loss of income when my wife had to stay with our son in the hospital during his multiple surgeries.

It's all true. I just tried to make it seem cooler than Chuck's job. :pp

I have bar tended and delivered pizza- also bussed tables and cooked in a short order grill.

Now I'm a plumber, gotta step out for a few minutes and charge a guy a hundred bucks to install a sump pump he just bought- be back in 30 minutes! lol. :fencing

Back