• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Simpatico, A Miniature Mansion for my daughter

Re: Something really different Update November 17/2010

WOW
th_jaw_drop.gif

James

Re: Something really different Update October 14, 2010

I am relatively new here and was intrigued to read the background behind this awesome project. Reading this thread has proven to be very insightful. It is truly a pleasure to watch a master at work...and for all the right reasons to boot. Bravo to you both...I will continue to read and learn.

WOW Bob, the detail you are putting in to this house is breathtaking. :woohoo:

Great work Bob! I am always amazed.

Terry (y)

That house is amazing...and I remember that fan...looks just like it. Thanks for the updated photos ~!!!! (y) (y) :mpup :Hiay

Wes

Thanks Wes, I've been working so hard on this, I haven't remembered to answer the comments!

Poppy, this is just INCREDIBLE. Wes is right; that fan looks exactly like the photos you've sent me. I still can't believe you're doing this for me. I feel unworthy, and I'm not joking about that. :notworthy

Beautiful!

Thanks Sweetheart,

I'll be headed your way before much longer dragging this thing behind me!:D

I just love to see the Master at work. It all looks just so easy, I know it's a lot of work but, labor of love I'm sure. But still, just Masterful!

Thanks Son! Trust me, it ain't easy! But, I'm havin' fun!

Thanks, Chris! Good to hear from you again!

Bob

WOW
th_jaw_drop.gif

James

Thanks James!

I am relatively new here and was intrigued to read the background behind this awesome project. Reading this thread has proven to be very insightful. It is truly a pleasure to watch a master at work...and for all the right reasons to boot. Bravo to you both...I will continue to read and learn.

Thanks Jeeves, BTW, where is that master you spoke of working, I wanna see his stuff too!

WOW Bob, the detail you are putting in to this house is breathtaking. :woohoo:

I'm tryin' Ant. Thanks man.

lovely work!

Thanks Laura!!

Okay, I've been really busy since the last post, (Deadline you know), but Susan uploaded nearly 200 pics on this today for me. I will begin where the last one left off and then, because of the length, I thought I would break them up into maybe 4 posts or so, then pop them on here every 2-3 days until I'm caught up!

This is the interior of the portico with the Milliput stones washed and dry brushed. The "Leaded" glass windows have been stained and positioned in place.

CIMG2093.jpg

The cast stones where the stone and the brick sections are separated on the chimney, is a very complicated shape, made even worse because the brick sections are attached at different angles. I used balsa, using various pieces of balsa arrived at the two basic dimensions. Then I started cutting and shaving.

CIMG2098.jpg

Then, when the shape had been accomplished, all the parts were glued back together.

CIMG2099-1.jpg

[
CIMG2125.jpg

The brick portion were prepared along with the chimney pots. Note the v-shaped carving that had to be done on each side of both pieces of stone.

[
CIMG2127.jpg

Finally mounted into place for test fitting.

CIMG2141.jpg

Next, I started making the Milliput stones.

CIMG2113.jpg

CIMG2101.jpg

After a batch is made, I dip one side in carpenter's glue and mount them on the surface corresponding with the embossed plastic sheet stones. Weathering will later make them stand out.

CIMG2103.jpg

As it moves along, I test fit the parts continually.

CIMG2110.jpg

CIMG2112.jpg

Here is the finished portico with a patina on the coach lights and the stained windows. I installed an amber interior light to add color. The street number is from brass and they were also given a patina.

CIMG2112.jpg

CIMG2184.jpg

Here it is not yet attached but ready to be glued and filled and retouched with the same paints.

Large numbers of windows had to be made. Some scratch, some stock, (Very few) and many converted. These were the right height for the sunroom windows, but not the width. Using two cut and combined worked well.

CIMG2181.jpg

I needed a two story walnut paneled wall for the back of the bedroom. I used bass wood and strip styrene to make that. Then gave it a coat of flesh paint in preparation for the faux walnut paint.

CIMG2128.jpg

CIMG2131.jpg

CIMG2133.jpg

It will be clearly visible through this bay window.

CIMG2138.jpg

I have much more done, but I'll stop here and post another SBS in a couple of days.

Bob

DAYS!! I don't know if I can wait that long. So much going on in one post, may take a couple of days to absorb it.

Re: Something really different Update December 2, 2010

Here I was thinking I hadn't seen you online recently... and there you go post pics explaining why you haven't been online much :laugh:

Amazing work, Bob. And as always: inspirational! (y)

the work of a true master! what others acchieve in months you do within some days! stunning!

Fantastic work Bob :blink and very special.

Terry B)

DAYS!! I don't know if I can wait that long. So much going on in one post, may take a couple of days to absorb it.

Absorb son, absorb! :mpup

quote="Rudi Richardson" post=46855]Here I was thinking I hadn't seen you online recently... and there you go post pics explaining why you haven't been online much :laugh:

Amazing work, Bob. And as always: inspirational! (y)[/quote]

Thanks Rudi, I've been pluggin' away!

Bob

Thanks Saul, that's the longest jaw I've ever seen!:D

Bob

the work of a true master! what others acchieve in months you do within some days! stunning!

Thanks Laura. Didn't I tell you? I have a platoon of elves helping me. They are gone up north for the month for their annual commitment, but they'll be back when I get started back on logistics.

Bob

Fantastic work Bob :blink and very special.

Terry B)

Hey Terry,

Thanks man. Not much time left. I'm doin' 10 hour days now. I thought I was retired?:idonno :idonno :idonno

Bob

Well you know Dad's, there's not much we won't do for our kids.

Terry ;)

Back