• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SiG 33 on Pz III snowwhite.

Kristof,
It looks great, just way less worn off then the rest. If it is
going to be sheltered then it will look right, if it is in a
high traffic area, then it needs to be more worn off. (Just my
2 cents). I like it though.
Shawn

Re:Update june 21.

Kristof Pulinckx wrote:
Hi Folks,

Finallly a update.
I'v' been struggeling with the engine dech and did it twice and even now I'm not 100% happy with , more like 25% :angry:

Well becausemost of it will be hidden beneed the stowage box and some other stowage I leave it as it is.

Feel free to give ( hard ) comments.

Cheers

Kristof

Hi there.

Why not have the stowage sitting on the ground beside the vehicle as if it's waiting to be put on it? Maybe have a couple of figures adding the stowage to the rear deck?

Cheers from Peter

Hard comments? .... just one opinion ... what about a subtle but effective pin up wash on some details?

Anyway, you do not need suggestions!! .... you´re a Sith!!!! And your work is absolutely first class!! May be you´re too exigent?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm assuming that you mean the part of the deck with the four panels? Overall the SiG looks great but I agree that particular area looks just a little "off" from the rest. It's difficult to tell exactly why though. To me, the dark "chipped" areas seem a little too dark. Perhaps a little light, dry mud would tone it down and blend it in with the rest of the vehicle. As if the crew have dirtied it up while walking over it. Just a little dry brushing perhaps. Just a thought. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Always a pleasure to watch you work.

matt :)

tracks and mud.

Hi all,

With very dusty conditions here in Belgium ( +30 degrees ) i've been busy with the mud and tracks.
It's almost done, here and there some touching up with darker colours to give it a moist not wet look.

Feel free to comment as always.

Cheers

Kristof

Looks good from here too Kristof , .......... I like the subtle little fender bendage on the right rear area , ....... nice .

Casemate in progress.

Hi all,

The casemate of this vehicle or metal bunker , call as you like :laugh: is keeping me busy for the last couple of days.
I'm trying to create some effects to get that worn off paint look that i want.

What do you think sofar about it ? Please keep in mind that I still need to do some chipping etc.

Tally ho !

Re:Casemate in progress.

Wow, Kristof! You've got another beauty on your hands! :ro:

all i can do is to repeat myself: top drawer! this is a showstopper kristof and if entered in a competition surely a medal candidate!

Excellent work, Kristof! Seriously, very nicely done. To me, it strikes an excellent balance in weathering - neither under or over done; just right. I also like the little details that you put into it, like the way you've got the suspension weighted more in the front. Definitely makes me want to build up the StuIG 33 I've got sitting in the box, waiting to be built.

David

Back