• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell Viking Ship (Done!)

Revell Viking Ship

Wow, I like this! I saw one of these kits at Valleycon and almost picked it up. Now I wish I had! I agree with everyone on the brush strokes of gold over the nameplate. I am very impressed with the whole look of this ship!

Revell Viking Ship

What a great subject Ryan! neat!

go to our dropbox folder, I put some goodies there for you

Revell Viking Ship

Thanks guys. I had originally though about going with just straight up wood for the figurehead and decided to make it look maybe a bit more gaudy. Figured the Vikings would have wanted it to stand out. Finished up with the shields and put them all on. Revell included individual decals for them but that just looked way to time consuming to me. I also did a bit of touchup on the nameplate and gave it a bit of a wash.

IMG_7452.JPG

IMG_7453.JPG

Revell Viking Ship

Calling her done. The rigging was the most difficult part for me. This is the first sailing ship of any kind that I have ever built. I discovered that I suck at tying knots lol. But for my first attempt I think it came out pretty well.

IMG_7476.JPG

IMG_7479.JPG

IMG_7483.JPG

IMG_7484.JPG

IMG_7485.JPG

IMG_7486.JPG

IMG_7482.JPG

Great ship! (y) (y)
If you go on a raid i hope you find a better crew than these ones!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUwKTFQMBOk

Awesome serie about vikings, to bad for you guys that it's in swedish, a little hard to understand the humor if you don't know the language, but in this one they don't speak so then it's going :)

//Mats

That is simply outstanding! I am so impressed with the natural wood look on that ship; the shields and everything really look fantastic. Okay, time to go shopping....

Thanks guys. This was actually my first complete start to finish build in several months. It has my modeling batteries recharged and now I want to finish up some of my older shelf queens. (y)

Back