• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell Viking Ship (Done!)

Revell Viking Ship

I'm new to this group and your excellent Viking ship build was how I found it. So thanks.
I'm building the same kit and recommend it to all as well. But you are so correct that once you get
to the rigging....... it's a bit of a 'stall' in momentum. I am asking if you found a method or specific resources on the
'naval knot' method that helped you get that right? There are many resources of course on line
that offer help in what I think is best defined, at least following the kit's diagrams,as a 'pretzel knot'
or 'Spanish Bowline'. Thanks and again, great looking ship. I hope to have mine finished before the
2015 season of Vikings starts.

Revell Viking Ship

I'm new to this group and your excellent Viking ship build was how I found it. So thanks.
I'm building the same kit and recommend it to all as well. But you are so correct that once you get
to the rigging....... it's a bit of a 'stall' in momentum. I am asking if you found a method or specific resources on the
'naval knot' method that helped you get that right? There are many resources of course on line
that offer help in what I think is best defined, at least following the kit's diagrams,as a 'pretzel knot'
or 'Spanish Bowline'. Thanks and again, great looking ship. I hope to have mine finished before the
2015 season of Vikings starts.

Sorry for the delay. I went the easy way and just used the pretzel know method. I then would put just a tiny dab of CA glue on them to keep them tight. Hope that helps. Why don't you post some pictures of your build over in the ship section. :skipper

Revell Viking Ship

Very nice .... excellent woodwork Ryan .. :notworthy .. this inspires me to dig out a shelf model I found in cleaning up a old Hobby shop ..... I worked in I hope to do as good as you .... It is made by Ideal ship models ...

Gerry

Revell Viking Ship

Thanks Gerry. Wow an Ideal model kit huh. That goes ways back. You should post some photos for us :D Would love to see it.

Revell Viking Ship

I took photos of the thing ..... but not sure where to put it I guess in latest Accusations or do Ya'll have a show Us your Stash ??? ...

Back