• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Quad & Bedford QL portee. Quad is done.

Re: LRDG chevrolet and Quad with 6 pdr. gun by Bagge

Mats you have to tell me how you got that styrene to bend so nicely.

MP it was not so difficult B) , i bent it over a piece of wood with a rounded edge and then adjusted it to the right angle, if you don't have to sharp corners then it's going fine, otherwise you have to softern the styrene a little bit so it wont break (with heat or glue).
//Mats

MP, i will start use the MA gallery from now :mpup
Here i am now, gave the canvas top some surface treatment with thin glue and a brush.
P1060776.jpg

Went trough the spare-parts box and found some goodies, bagpipe anyone? :D
P1060779.jpg

added some details to the interior, found a german tropical helmet as a souvenir.
P1060781.JPG

Found out how the hinges on the door should look like, so i started to carve away B)
P1060780.jpg

Bought some Evergreen clear styrene today for the windows in the door, will take away the divider and make sliding windows as i read that they had.

//Mats

A bagpipe?!...Now that would be a eye-catcher on your model!!! :woohoo:

If it was me,I sure would include it!

Greetings,Ron.

I think both the book and the bagpipe comes from an old italeri or esci set with british soldiers at rest.
Work goes on with the hinges. :soldier
P1060782.JPG

//Mats

A bagpipe?!...Now that would be a eye-catcher on your model!!! :woohoo:

If it was me,I sure would include it!

Greetings,Ron.

I just hope it don't include sound!

Mats you can use any image hosting you'd like, just some times it may take me longer to notice. Looking fine buddy.

Just for you MP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V84STSWVp3g

or maybe this is more your speed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAztA-Iqb4g

James

Primer is on :woohoo: :dance
P1060790.JPG

P1060791.JPG

sorry for the dark pics, tomorrow the green will go on and after that some hairspray and dark yellow.

//Mats

Hairspray?

So you're going for badly chipped or pour paint job with the dark yellow?

towards the end of torch they must have seen some rough conditions so there will be a little shipping in the paint yes B)
//Mats

the green is on :woohoo:
P1060792.JPG

P1060793.JPG

Now i'm sitting looking at the paint that dries........ :huh:

No i'm going to start with the gun, i built the same gun maybe 20 years ago, let's see if i think it's as good as i thought then!
//Mats

& pounder is coming along, same issues as with the QL but it's going with a lot of TLC :bang head
P1060794.JPG

P1060795.JPG

It will be covered with tarps, anyone knows if the barrel should be pulled back when in transport?
//Mats

Mats,
The 6 pounder barrel isn't supposed to pulled back during transport.
It's pulled back when it fires its rounds,with other words the recoil pulls the barrel back!

If it doesn't make sence,say so ,and in a pm I will explane in Dutch,
[don't know how your Dutch is by now,but I am pretty sure there is someone who can translate!] :D

Groeten,Ron.

:woohoo: all the subassemblies of the gun is ready for paint!!
It was a little pain in the *** to build with ill fitting parts and so on but now it's done :v
P1060801.JPG

Also painted the seats and the canvas top, let's see how it goes with the dark yellow.... maybe have to touch up the canvas afterwards :hmmm
P1060802.JPG

P1060803.JPG

enough for today, new modeling day tomorrow :) it's a holiday here so i enjoy a monday off :dance
//Mats

Coming along beautifully Mats. Really enjoying this.
James

Hey Mats

That 6pdr is much nicer than the Tamiya one... much more like the prototype.

Also, on the discussion of barrels for these, yes, they stayed in the pre-firing position while in transit, but the elevation was wound almost to the highest point so the bottom of the barrel stay would line up with the two raised locators at the gun end of the trails.

Also, you may want to have a think about what barrel length you are wanting to use. There were a couple of barrel lengths, the L/43 and L/50. Most of the pics I've seen of desert guns have had L/43 barrels, but there is no hard and fast rules.

A good source for the info on these guns is on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordnance_QF_6_pounder). The contributors have done a lot of research on this gun, and is well worth a read.

I hope this helps.

Watching with interest :)

Rob

Back