• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Quad & Bedford QL portee. Quad is done.

Re: LRDG chevrolet and Quad with 6 pdr. gun by Bagge

Thanks for the tip MP and Mike
Turned the steering, a little more work than on the QL.
Had to bring out the saw and cut thru half of the axle and bend it and then fill with putty
P1060722.jpg

P1060723.jpg

Here fitted on the chassi.
P1060725.jpg

And the rear end.
P1060724.jpg

Test fitting the body :woohoo:
P1060726.jpg

P1060727.jpg

Will try and finnish the chassi and prepare it for painting, anyone know the colours of these mean machines?
Sandcolour all over or green inside and underneath (just sand outside)?
//Mats

anyone know the colours of these mean machines? Sandcolour all over or green inside and underneath (just sand outside)?

Mats,

From Paul Roberts over at Missing-Lynx, on March 8, 2008:
"While the exteriors were painted to suit the current theatre, the interiors were not ususally repainted after they were built. So if it was built in early 1941, then the interior and all the underside would probably be in one of the Greens. If it was built in late 1941 or early 1942 then it would have been painted in light stone at the factory and everything except the locally reapplied paint would be in that colour.

Paul Roberts
Editor, Boresight
www.amps-armor.org "

Regards,

thanks Saul! now just figure out when it's built hmm... :)

Some links that may help? Click the picture to go there...

There are many more too...

Regards,

Made a little surgery on the front bumper, the shackles didn't look so good molded together with the bumper so i lifted them a little and also drilled out the hole for the wire.
P1060731.jpg

P1060732.jpg

P1060733.jpg

P1060736.jpg

The wheels from the QL is the same dimension (just another tire manufacturer) some small differences but nothing that matters i think, so now i have spare wheels for my quad! (y)
P1060738.jpg

Chassi primed.
P1060744.jpg

//Mats

Sprayed the Chassi with XF62 olive drab
Later the outside of the body will be sprayed in a sand/dark yellow
P1060746.jpg

:Hiay
//Mats

Fantastic Mats. Enjoying this quite a bit. I have a couple of these in the stash too.
James

Looks good Mattes! I am working on one of these as well so.... :popcorn

Terry B)

When i took a break from painting the tires one of the crew took the opportunity to catch some sun (it's going to be an uneven tan without the head and just one arm.... :gogo )
Used Tamiya Nato black for the tires and i think it looks good, well better than flat black atlest B)
P1060749.jpg

Ok 2 more to paint and then the exhaust.....
//Mats

So all 4 tires painted and the exhaust is started, the metal paint shines very much in the photos, still alot of dust to apply here so it will take down the shine B)
P1060751.jpg

P1060752.jpg

P1060753.jpg

P1060755.jpg

P1060754.jpg

will try to dust it down with pastels but not sure how to do it :idonno any tips?
//Mats

Mats,

Of course you can use pastels...but,why not give pigments a go.
In my opinion they are really much better then pastels.
They stick better to your subject and....don't have the tendency to vanish as
some pastels do once you try to seal them with white spirit or a flat coat.
[I have NEVER gone back from pigments to pastels]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k35hOPNwhQY&feature=player_detailpage

By the way ,you don't have to use MIG stuff,although very good,you can look also in
a art supply shop for some good alternative pigments! B)

If you like to use pastels after all,take a look at Christians[Phantom II]build on the Fiat
aircraft.
starting at page 16:

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/wesendorf-field/47865-fiat-cr42-plus-photo-etch

You could also repaint your metal with a darker tone,black or raw umber mixed in.

Hope this helps...

Greetings,Ron.

After a little handywork just before i was going home from my work (cut myself on a sheet of metal :( )
P1060766.jpg

Veerle fixed it real nice (It's good to have a nurse around when you are clumsy like me :bang head )

Got some small things done but it was not easy with that finger in the way all the time...
Fixed the hinges on the roof-hatch, also check the 2 blobs of plastic, they are supposed to be handles!
P1060761.jpg

P1060762.jpg

Here they are after some cutting and bending new ones out of copper wire.
P1060764.jpg

Must try and do something about those hinges :hmmm seen many nice builds but still with those square things sitting 2 mm in on the doorpanel, tried to find good pics of how they should look but not found any yet.
P1060765.jpg

:drinks
//Mats

A cut finger :hmmm Out late last night were we???? ;)

Tony lee :D

I also get clumsy,when I drink just a little too much Belgian JUPILER beer.... :silly:

Great build so far,Mats! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Looking very cool so far. Bummer about the cut, but looks like you have an expert looking after it :cheer:
James

I know you aren't building the LRDG truck yet but have you see these new Sun Dials? It includes the one used by the LRDG:
https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/news-reviews-and-shows/74914-inside-the-armour-august-pe-releases

Regards,

Thats some nice stuff Saul! will see when i start the lrdg :D
today i've been trying to make a bagagerack for the Quad, it will be a field mod so the crew had some more space for their things.
P1060769.jpg

P1060770.jpg

//Mats

Hey I like that,handy as a pocket on a shirt. (y)

Tony lee

Thanks guys! :Hiay i'm happy with it, it needed something on the back, now just fill it up with things :D

Back