• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Quad & Bedford QL portee. Quad is done.

Bagge

Here comes my start pics with start time and date, You are a couple of hours behind us here,
but i go after MA time (y)

P1060651.jpg

P1060652.jpg

P1060653.jpg

Where is the option to upload pics to MA's server? (maybe i have pushed a button wrong somehow :unsure: )

Let's get rolling! :soldier :pilot

Re: Bedford QL & 6 pdr. gun by Bagge

A clean desk waiting for me to make a mess :D
P1060654.jpg

so much pieces!! :bang head
P1060655.jpg

:Hiay

I'm in ejector pin and sinkmark heaven (or hell :evil: ) :bang head
well it's an old kit so i take it for what it is and hope the result will be good B)

P1060668.jpg

this i think is a saw.....
P1060669.jpg

it has a very detailed engine but it will not show when the cab is mounted :stinker

// Mats

Hey Mats, was the time displayed you local time?

Just a note, the start and end times of the builds are your local time. If you're 5 hours ahead of us that's fine, go ahead and start. It just means we're 5 hours behind you on finishing. :mpup

:popcorn

lots of pieces means lots of fun mats! :D

enjoy your journey through this kit, it's an interesting subject!

thanks for all the nice words :)
MP the time is not my local time, it's from the MA server and it's 7 hours after our time

Todays progress, mostly taking care of ejectorpin marks and flash, drilled out the exhaust pipe and also made the front wheels turned a little bit, looks nicer then just pointing straight forward.

P1060673.jpg

P1060681.jpg

P1060683.jpg

P1060684.jpg

Until tomorrow, sweet dreams :Hiay

No it was rather easy, just had to cut a small pin on the wheel center and then turn it a little, the axle had a ball in the end for the steering spindle but alot of play, so i had to get the thick glue for it to stay in place.

Here is an update for today, been fighting with parts that is impossible to figure out how they will fit :bang head and tanks and stowage-boxes that were to big (had to sand of about 1mm on the tank before it slipped into place.
Here's the pics, chassi ready for primer and detailing and i started with the cabin.

P1060685.jpg

P1060686.jpg

P1060688.jpg

//Mats

:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head
This kit is a big p.i.t.a! :angry: nothing fits and no guides that shows exactly were the piece is supposed to be, worked on the cabin today and wohoo surprise the doors are 2 mm to long!
Seriously thinking of giving up this one and choose something else instead (a kit 20 years newer for example!!)
Broke off the engine because it was in the way for the cabin :dance
P1060692.jpg

The cabin
P1060694.jpg

Underside of cabin
P1060695.jpg

The door that "almost" fit (just need to find my hammer)
P1060697.jpg

P1060696.jpg

The only thing that looks somewhat good (and that is something that cant be seen)
P1060693.jpg

Well i see what i do, right now i feel like sending this on a one way trip out the window! :D

Bagge that avatar profile of yours looks just like someone I know. :hmmm

Tony lee

I can understand the frustration Mats, hang in there, don't get frustrated but if you're not having fun with it...trash it.

Decided to put it back in the box, some small fixes is one thing but when everything needs to be fixed then it's better to put it away and find something else.
To bad because i really liked this vehicle, see if i can find a new one for this campaign today...

Thanks Laura, just waiting for Veerle to come home, then we go to Top1toys in Halle and maybe Brussel, i wish someone makes a new release of this vehicle i was really looking forward to building it, The gun looks ok though so that might be still in the campaign :)

Its too bad, but I can understand. Hopefully something tweaks your interest at the hobbyshop today.

James

Back