• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Porsche 935 1:12

I have been trying to think what works with yellow and i have decided black and white. white as a panel type colour and black as a highlight

I mocked this together to see if yellow and white work. I will spray all the body yellow then ad the black and white.............this could all go horribly wrong :)
DSC_3934.JPG

Managed to get some yellow on today, i have a good finish which is pretty smooth however i will rub it back so the gloss clear will key
The back of the shell will be a different colour, thats why its not finished.
As there is a lot of masking to do i need to really leave this yellow to go hard now or i have found in the past, the glue on the masking tape activates the paint :)

Sun glasses on......

DSC_3942.JPG

Doors

DSC_3943.JPG

Bonnet ( or hood as you call it ) :cool:

DSC_3945.JPG
DSC_3946.JPG
DSC_3947.JPG

strangely have been unable to find decals in 1/12 for Porsche. I have the martini ones in the kit but they dont work with that i am trying to do ie plain black Porsche for the bottom of the doors.

Last edited:
Wow, just Wow!

Excellent work Paddy.The engine is a masterpiece (can I send you my engines? :vgood:) I don't build cars (very long story) but I appreciate superb workmanship.

This kit is phenomenal!

Man......even for a dated kit this one builds up very nicely. All the details and other items that you're bringing to the table really set this one off. Love the braided lines and that engine looks PERFECT!!!

Thanks Mustang, i recon you are the car guy here so if you're happy I'm happy.
I might be trying to over do the paint scheme, spent couple of hours trying to mask a symmetrical design today on the body, not as easy as i thought :)

It's never easy pulling a paint scheme off like that and I struggle with it myself. Sorry for not being on here I've had to focus on my job for the last few months. Looking forward to getting back in here and checking in on not only your builds, but the rest of the gang as well.

Oh dear.my usual lack of planning is making this a whole lot harder than it should be.
I need to add some more diagonal stripes but because they go over the rear wheel arches they are not straight forward. The car i am semi copying was a std Porsche without the huge wheels and arches....

Balanced together to see if my lines line up so far
DSC_3956.JPG

EEEEEEEEEEK

I always start these things thinking "how hard can it be "......well actually very hard :).....added some black..well quite a lot actually
should have done this first not last....

DSC_3968.JPG

Low and slow layers. You'll get there.
Also something I picked up here. Paint flat back then gloss it. That flat is better coverage.

IS that true with other difficult colors like red, yellow, white... Spray flat then shine it up?

I'm going to grab the spoons and test it... ya never know

I did give it a few coats of Semi Gloss Black to give it a base colour then just one coat of gloss black to give it a gloss however i will give it several clear gloss coats so i can rub it back t get it smooth.........well thats the plan
It all depends on what's under neither the masking tape when i take it off, if its bled under the tape or i have got the lines crooked it will be a disaster.......
then of course the colour scheme just might not work :)

Back